2005 Jazz VTi - Few Questions

Hi all,

I'm about to purchase an 05 jazz for a second car/runabout for the school pick ups, etc.

Anything particular I should be looking out for? I've read the CVT transmission had issues and to check for shuddering on takeoff.

Any other particular issues with this model that I need to be on the lookout for?

Also, and I know this will sound stupid, but any simple/cheap engine mods available to give the 1.5 engine a bit more pep?

Hoping to have it by the weekend, few inspections booked. First step will be audio upgrade, cheap head unit with screen mirroring capabilities to cast google maps.

Anybody changed the facia to a double din setup? Found this facia on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321888254843

And this head unit:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171669103920

Plus some cheap speakers to run off the head unit.

Keen to hear from anyone about any of the above or other upgrades they may have done to their Jazz.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I had a 01 jazz. For audio gear id go JBHIFI end of financial year sale for headunit and speakers. If small gaps in fascia may bother you OEM will fit best. Problems i faced leaking rocket cover gasket, rear wheel bearings. Change the cvt fluid once a year and u will be sweet. As for power just keep ur foot down and keep her in the top end.

So bought a 2005 model today. Wasn't expecting perfection for a 12 year old car, but good enough for its age.

Test drive felt fine, quick spin around the block, no shuddering in the transmission.

Later on though, as I was driving it home, I started to feel it. Quite pronounced on takeoff, lasts about half a second but is quite hard.

So going to get the fluids flushed and replaced. If it doesn't work, couple of Google searches shows that the 'start clutch' might need to be replaced.

Anybody know of a decent Honda mechanic in South West Sydney who could do the flush, or if required, the start clutch replacement?

Would like to avoid going to a dealer.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I can flush it for you, im in Hornsby tho. Just shout me KFC. There are a few DIyers on this site closer to you.

I wouldnt repair the box, repairs will cost you more then the car itself. Just buy another second hand box and hope its not shit lol. Most of the time 2xfluid change will sort it out for u.
    Last edited by amant02; 02-07-2017 at 03:04 AM.