Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol

Question Fuel light on constantly

Ive got a strange issue with my fuel gauge the fuel light is constantly on even though the gauge is reading about 1/2 a tabk is the petrol light run off a different sender than the one that the gauge runs off? Thanks
    Last edited by DSoulCRX; 23-07-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    So i tested the wiring and the gauge they seem to work fine. I pulled the sender out of the tank and tested the resistance on the arm it seems ok although if i wiggle the arm as i lift it the resistance goes into the thousands for a split second.
    Im pretty sure the thing that controls the fuel light is the little cylinder beside the float i cant find anything on how it works so im asssuming its something to do with it being submerged in fuel that triggers it, the wiring looks pretty dodgy so i may try solder another wire to it and see if that does the trick if not ill replace the sender i guess. I shall report back in the next day or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170723_123822.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	30134  

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    So the little cylinder next to the float is called a thermistor it basically heats up when not submerged and sets the light off i soldered a new thermistor i bought from jaycar onto it and same thing the light is on constantly.. Anyone have any ideas? if the wiring and the sender seem to be good what could it be?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Apparently, when the thermistor is submerged in fuel it should not heat up and should not make a circuit. when it is out of fuel it will heat up and make a circuit to light up the dash light. You should be able to check this outside the car.
    Is it possible to get a replacement from the wreckers?

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Yeah being in fuel disperses the heat i cant work it out. So far ive tested the light on 2 dashes checked the dash wires resistance tested the cradle i even made a cradle bypass with a jaycar thermistor with 2 blade connectors soldered to it to plug directly into the plug and same thing. The only thing i havent checked yet is tracing the wire on the centre pin to test it just gotta fine a wiring diagram and see where it goes before i go pulling apart looms

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    You need to make sure you use the correct thermistor as there are different types.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    I woulda kinda hope the factory one was the right one :/ otherwise what are you doing honda? I definitely used the right one