Thread: Hey All

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD3

Hey All

Hey guys,

I was a member on here a few years ago now (over 5 years now) when I first got my licence. My first car was an AH civic 1.5l, and my love for Honda grew from there. Went on a few cruises, put a stupid stereo in it (typical P plate mods)

Ended up buying a set of BMW bottlecaps for it off a guy on here, and drove it around for 2 years before it snapped a camshaft - the engine had 400,000km on it, so it did pretty well. I ended up selling it to a mechanic from my work, who replaced the engine and drove it for 6 months before writing it off

I then moved into an old VR commodore, and purchased an S13 that I put a 2JZ and GT35R on. Enjoyed that for a while, and then sold it to purchase a brand new VE SS wagon (Working at Holden/Honda dealership had its perks) which I enjoyed for 3 years, before selling and purchasing a house.

Around that time, a friend of mine was having some issues with her Honda Jazz, and instead of fixing it, she bought a new car instead. The dealership wasn't interested in trading it in, so she offered it to me for $500 (it had 5 months rego too)
    All it needed was a coil pack and a set of spark plugs, and it ran great again. Which brings me back here. I have since carried out a full service and replaced a few bits and pieces, and have been enjoying the Jazz life for 18 months now. The4 car had 260,000km on it when I bought it, and just clicked over 305,000km this week. Its a 2003 Vti-S in silver, CVT 1.5L (wish it was manual!)

I have fitted a set of cheap Avanti wheels until I can find a nice set of SSR Type-C in a good width and offset on YHJ, and picked up a Mugen Titanium axle-back exhaust (RRP $1200!) for $150 and a set of OEM LED tail lights from an upgarage when I was in Japan at the end of last year. I also have a second hand set of BC coilovers waiting to go in.

The long term plan is to shoehorn a K24A in the car , but I also have an AE86 that I am restoring - so that may not happen until that is finished.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully it wasn't too boring! (also chasing a silver front bar and lip to replace mine, as the last owner hit a few things - let me know if you have one, or any other parts lying around!)

Cheers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazzy.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	30140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz 1.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	30139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civic 1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	30141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazzy jazz.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	30142
    Last edited by joel23; 27-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Nice cars,cool story! Welcome back Joel.What was your user name before?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD3
    Cheers!

I have no idea haha, I tried to remember what email and username I had before, but I couldn't remember. I think it might have been JTM23 or something. I'll try and get some up to date photos of the Jazz, I've noticed there isn't much love on here for them, with everyone choosing the EG/EK platform instead

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    If it's Honda,it's all love.They will come out of the wood work.Show the mods U have done..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD3
    Here's a few photos - New tail lights, Mugen exhaust, Project MU NS400 brake pads (awesome pads for the street, great bite, even when cold) and Genuine Rays wheel nuts, and Legit 'Type One' sticker that I picked up from there last year - easy +5kW there.

Still chasing a Silver front bar and a few other bits and pieces too.

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	30149

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	30150

Name:	IMG_0980.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	30151

No Idea why one of them is uploaded sideways

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Nice mate,nice.

I prefer the stock taillights personally...some coloured wheel nuts,paint the calipers,window visors and lower it a bit