Thread: ECU testing?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18C Leyland Mini

ECU testing?

Hi all.
    Bit of background - I blew up my engine. Cooked it ages ago, then finally the head-gasket went. Lots of white smoke from exhaust, but the electrics were OK.
    ECU is an S300 Hondata piggyback

While installing my replacement B18C Type R long-block, I managed to swap the TPS plug & the other one a few cm away.... So the sensor that was expecting 5v got 12v.
    The replacement engine doesn't start.

Fuel is OK - New-ish fuel, good filter, the external pump runs as normal & I get a return to the tank from the fuel rail.
    I tested the sensors with a multi-meter, & they seem OK.
    I've got spark, but the injectors don't fire. I removed the fuel rail from the engine while leaving it connected to the loom & got someone to turn over the car. Nothing happens. I haven't checked if I have power to the injectors, but both power & signal wires come from the ECU, so I'm getting convinced that I've burnt out something in the ecu.

Is there any another tests I can do before I raid the piggy bank & order a new P28 ecu chipped for the Hondata?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    PM 'ecu-man' and send it off to him for repair is probably best.I did that when I did the same thing.Well,instead of wiring the reversing lights to the correct ones at the ecu,I wired them to the IAT sensor and fried the ecu.Easy repair when U know what your doing lol

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18C Leyland Mini
    OK, thanks. Will do.