Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Timber usually works all good, fair few track guys I know just use plywood or similar

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda EK1
    Made a splitter out of MDF, but decided not to run it. Winton held a track day on 26/01/18.

With just the addition of a FSB and a few technical changes to my setup I dropped my 1:53:XX to a 1:49:XX!!! Super stoked with the result. Now to head on back, try a few more changes and see how we can go with a stock body!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Then after that try the splitter.

I mean U have made it

Any video footage?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda EK1
    Then after that try the splitter.

I mean U have made it

Any video footage?

Yes It is completed, I wasn't 100% happy with it so I tweaked it a bit last night. I don't think I will run it for a few more track days as I think the car still has a bit more in it. hopefully I can find some more time to head on out. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to run it for a single session and see if i can find time haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Haha fa sure! I was going to make one too but maybe after a couple of track days first, at Marulan then Wakefield,2 hrs away.I'm 6 1\2hrs to Winston..
    No vids or pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda EK1
    haha I'd love to hit up some of the NSW Track's. they look good fun. Looking to head out to Phillip Island soon. See how I travel on a different track.

I'll be posting some videos as soon as I get to editing them. They're a bit saturated so makes it hard to see the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Phillip Island ftw!!

Will be epic

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda EK1
    Last month I headed out to Nugget Nationals @ winton for a quick session, however with rain non stop and a greasy track I found it very hard to get heat into my tyres.
    I had an off on turn one which was a little hard and now believe that there may be a slight steering issue.

I have since taken the car off the road for a bit whilst I chase the issue and add some parts I have had kicking around. PCI 5" side skirts are on, as is the bill-spec racing Rear diffuser. ATM I am working on making a new splitter with a set of PCI Quick release splitter mounts. It will all shape up nicely and make for a great fit out. I've also acquired a brand new set of AD08R's, coming in at 225/45R16, I scored these on a 4 for 3 from traction tyres.

for those of you who are keen to see picture updates, I have started an Instagram dedicated to the Civic its @heart.break.civic

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda EK1
    So I gave up on the D16. it's started to leak oil from the sump and I CBF putting any money into it. So I have started a K24 swap!! I have slowly begun to collect parts for the swap and every time I think I'm getting closer to achieving my goal I find something extra I want to add to it.

The list is quiet extensive but here we go

what I have so far:

Buddy Club Short shifter
    Drag Cartel 2.2 Drop in cams
    Supertech Valve train
    RBC and S90 70mm T/B
    K-Tuned Swivel thermostat housing
    K-Tuned Firewall Grommet
    K-Tuned Firewall Cable Tidy
    Karcepts K-swap Shifter holder
    EP3 Idler pulley/bracket
    Circuit Hero Spark Plug Cover
    Circuit Hero Shift Knob
    Hybrid Racing heater block off
    Hybrid Racing K-Swap Harness
    Hybrid Racing Fuel System- lines/reg/rail
    Hybrid Racing Shifter cables
    REVZONE 4-2-1 headers
    Hasport EKK2 Mounts
    Hasport 32mm Drive shafts
    Koyo DC5 Radiator
    Skunk2 Timing Chain Tensioner
    Hardrace Upper Ball Joint
    Hardrace rear Bushes
    Hardrace EG Compliance bushes
    Hardrace SwayBar Bushes
    Hardrace SwayBar Bushes
    HEL Oil Cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate
    HEL Braided brake lines
    HONED Solid Steering bushes
    Chase Bays Clutch lines
    OEM CRV Bracket
    OEM EG Subframe
    OEM EG LCA
    OEM DC2R Steering Rack
    OEM DC2R Front Sway Bar
    Shifter+ Detent spring
    Radiator Shroud and fans

What I need:

Hondata Kpro V3 ECU
    ID1000 Injectors
    HONED Roll centre correction kit
    HONED Brake booster delete
    HONED Rear camber arms
    M-Factory Helical LSD
    OEM K24 engine and gearbox
    OEM Engine Loom
    OEM K20 Type R Oil Pump
    Fuel Hose
    AN Fittings
    30L fuel cell
    2.5L Surge tank
    Fuel pumps X3
    Catch cans X2
    modify both engine and vehicle harness'
    Custom Charge harness
    Relocate Battery to boot
    Paint the car inside and out

So far the car is being pulled apart ready to receive its new heart. I'm going to research how to add photos and will be adding them as I go along. The aim is to run E85, I'm hoping to achieve 180-190kw range. I'll also be upgrading my tyres from AD08R to A050 for extra grip, once I start to progress I'll look to change from 4 stud to 5 stud and run a staggered tyre setup with most likely a 265-275 front tyre.
    Last edited by Ek_TrackAddict; 23-10-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda EK1
    Bought a new car! A 05 Honda Accord Euro. its a wreck, but i got it dirt cheap. $550 for a low K manual. So now its time to strip that, mock the engine in the bay, get the hood vent in the right location and mold it in and then begin the process of painting it all! I change my mind about paint every 2 days and I seriously struggle to do anything to the car lately.

but we've got a donor now so there's not an awful lot holding us back. I will look into getting some photos uploaded as I progress.