Thread: Hi from NZ

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK3 Civic

Hi from NZ

Hi everyone

My name is Sakon and I'm from Auckland NZ.

Thought I would join your forums to see what you guys are up to on this side of the Tasman.

Have previously owned a variety of cars, Toyota Glanza V, Nissan Leopard which had factory a VQ30DET, Wrx Sti wagon, JZA80 Supra, Toyota Aristo V300 with factory 2JZGTE and a few others as well. I'm lucky that here in NZ we have access to a wide variety of JDM cars at really affordable prices so I have been able to own and experience different makes and models.

I currently own a 1999 EK3 Civic turbo which was built by Top Fuel Japan before being imported to NZ. It only has 110kms on the clock and is in a well looked after condition. The car before this was a DA6 Integra turbo which was pretty quick and fun but hard to live with and drive on the street. I sold that as i wanted something that was easier and nicer to drive ( just me getting old ) and fortunately this car came up for sale just as i sold the Integra.

Here's a the Integra which i sold -

On factory Civic ViRS wheels :

On Mugen RnR rims and semi slicks :

And heres the EK turbo -

On the 16x7 5Zigen rims i bought it with :

and how it is currently on 17x7.5 Work Meister S1 :

The Civic is purely a weekend toy and hopefully start doing some track days in it.

Here's my daily cruiser which Im lucky enough to own. Lexus LS460.

Both cars are night and day to each other but love driving them both.

Will be cool to chat to a few of you guys here and hopefully learn a few things
    Last edited by Essbe; 15-08-2017 at 05:33 PM.

You got that EK from Scott right? Has been around for quite some time, cool car

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK3 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mlracing View Post
    You got that EK from Scott right? Has been around for quite some time, cool car
    Yeah dude. Was a fun drive back from the South Island to Auckland!

He did an awesome job keeping it in mint condition.

Car is getting dropped off at CDM next week so Lin can work his magic on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Love your Lexus,it's hot.