2004 honda accord euro head unit is dead

Has anyone had experience with replacing the head unit. Having a look around at aftermarket but these don't appear to be plug and play

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I had to replace mine a couple of years ago.
    . Plenty of them from the wreckers.

Alternatively you can get an aftermarket with GPS and what not
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I had to replace mine a couple of years ago.
    . Plenty of them from the wreckers.

Alternatively you can get an aftermarket with GPS and what not
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have had a look around the wreckers and can't find the 2 dim head unit with Navi.
    Looking at OEM but there's a lot about these not working because of lock codes. Do you know if this is true?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I did not have to enter any lock codes for my normal non-navi replacement
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I did not have to enter any lock codes for my normal non-navi replacement
    OK thanks for the feedback.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    The inbuilt navigator is the one thing I don't like about the dash. Because Honda are worse than the Mafia when it comes to updated GPS data. Also having to read the screen to select audio tracks when driving is intuitively unsafe.

Perhaps this breakage is the universe giving you an opportunity to put something more useful in there.

BTW my car didn't come with an AU GPS dvd. Happy to buy yours off you if you go aftermarket. I don't care how old the data is. I'm tired of seeing that screen showing me I'm driving around in the sea south of Iceland (peculiarity of an EU dvd on this side of the planet)
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    The inbuilt navigator is the one thing I don't like about the dash. Because Honda are worse than the Mafia when it comes to updated GPS data. Also having to read the screen to select audio tracks when driving is intuitively unsafe.

Perhaps this breakage is the universe giving you an opportunity to put something more useful in there.

BTW my car didn't come with an AU GPS dvd. Happy to buy yours off you if you go aftermarket. I don't care how old the data is. I'm tired of seeing that screen showing me I'm driving around in the sea south of Iceland (peculiarity of an EU dvd on this side of the planet)
    Wish I could help you there but we purchased 2nd hand without a CD. At least you get to see Iceland.
    I had a play around with some fuses and was able to get the radio working and the aircon. Only issue is there is no display so its operating in the dark with buttons only.
    I wonder now if it is a head unit replacement or something simpler?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Have you tried to see if it is just the backlighting that is broken? i.e. use a flashlight to see if the screen elements are showing, as shown at the start of this video. The touch buttons might also still work.

BTW the head unit is mostly the same all over the world, so have a look at non-Australian Honda and Acura forums to see what people have done with broken screen units.

from memory:

honda-tech.com
    hondahookup.com
    typeaccord.co.uk
    vtec.net
    hondaaccordforum.com
    driveaccord.net
    hondaforum.com
    hondakarma.com

Keep posting back with stuff you find or want to know. Or let us know if you find something really useful. These head units are all getting old now and we will see more and more failures.
    Last edited by Richard B; 23-08-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: words
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    Have you tried to see if it is just the backlighting that is broken? i.e. use a flashlight to see if the screen elements are showing, as shown at the start of this video. The touch buttons might also still work.

BTW the head unit is mostly the same all over the world, so have a look at non-Australian Honda and Acura forums to see what people have done with broken screen units.

from memory:

honda-tech.com
    hondahookup.com
    typeaccord.co.uk
    vtec.net
    hondaaccordforum.com
    driveaccord.net
    hondaforum.com
    hondakarma.com

Keep posting back with stuff you find or want to know. Or let us know if you find something really useful. These head units are all getting old now and we will see more and more failures.
    thanks so much for this info. I will let you know how I get on.