Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda

gearbox bolt torque setting confirmation

Hi All

Could someone please confirm the torque settings for the 16 gearbox/transmission bolts , I have researched and it varies form 20ftpound to 33footpound ??

Any help appreciated
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Thanks mate, assuming it's the transmission mount to transmission bolts??

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If its a just a mounting bolt. Just do it by feel. Its only truly rotating parts that require to be torqued down properly.

If your referring to bolts the hold the box to block is Transmission to block bolts - 47 Ft pounds. So it goes on pretty tight

Quote Originally Posted by monda2 View Post
    Hi All

Could someone please confirm the torque settings for the 16 gearbox/transmission bolts , I have researched and it varies form 20ftpound to 33footpound ??

Any help appreciated
    Cheers

I don't have the specs here - you speak of the cover to diff housing yes ? A couple of hints

DO NOT overtighten any fasteners associated with the gearbox and its housing. It is an alloy body which snaps quickly or the threads are ripped out as the fasteners used are grades higher.

Make sure the cover drops on with no issues - without a sealant bead. Once you are certain the cover will line up all shift forks and shafts then clean the edge and apply a head of ultra grey or similar and move onto the next stage

Its most important to tighten in a couple of stages and in a star layout...so tighten up finger tight a bolt then go the opposite side , then offset side and so on. Do the same again with a final 1/4 turn and that should seal the box nicely. Run a smear of ultra grey around the 1/2 inch seal on the end too

I use an impact gun and just "touch" the bolts into place as described above for the first run , then use a ratchet to apply the last nip on the second run.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 21-08-2017 at 04:39 PM.