Member Array
    Car:
    B16 EG Hatch

Post Should I buy? D16A8 EG buring oil

Hey guys,

I found this 1991 EG si hatch (yes 1991) with the D16A8, It has enkei wheels (with 4 new tyres), koni shocks, lowering springs and a bunch of spares and its a really good price.

Only issue is that the engine has 300,000km and burns a lot of oil (the guy says he adds 1/2 - 3/4 liters of oil every time he fuels up). So I assume it would need a rebuild so I have a few questions

1) I would plan on doing this my self, I don't have much money so what would I need to replace to fix these issues (I would try do labour myself). Would piston rings, gaskets and valve stem seals be enough, and where is a good place to get it? (I'm located in Syd) are ebay rebuild kits ok?

2) I found a B16A2 (250,000km he says it blows a bit of smoke, no wiring and ecu) for $300, it says it needs a rebuild how much would this whole swap cost (I would do labour).

3) Not sure if anyone knows anything about Air con but it turns on for 15 min then doesn't blow cold, he says he took it to get re-gassed and the guy said it might be a clogged receiver dryer unit. Anyone know a fix or anything

Thanks
    Last edited by boostedED; 11-09-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Buy the car,strip it inc. Engine then save for another engine and bits.U will find a good engine package deal for eg for a good price these days.Check ozhonda on facebook.I wouldn't recommend putting money into the d16.K20 or K24 will keep a smile on ya dial.

Member Array
    Car:
    B16 EG Hatch
    That would be nice but I don't have the ~$5000 for the K swap

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    B16 swap is ok, can be done for like 2k or under

dont buy a B16 that needs a rebuild, there's heaps more out on the market in better condition and cheap
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Its about being happy.If your not happy you will be forever chasing it.Chasing it can be expensive.Work out what will make you happy and get it by working.

Dont settle for whatever.Save up until the right buy comes along.

And dont give me bs about no $ or job cause if you really want it,it yours.

Door knock and ask for jobs like washing thier car.

The computer generation have no get up and go in em',if only they knew the IMMENSE opportunities they have in our lucky country.And just how satisfying that journey is,if only they can peel themselves away from the screen.

Finially I leave you with this: Your limits (in your case - $5k) are what you place on yourself.

Work and Save.$4k for 96 ek1 d16y4 turbo,130kw atw on facebook with 8 months rego.****in sick.

But next you will say it's 1500km away!! So freakin what!!

What will put a smile on ya dial? Drive some hondas to find out then go for it.Dont half ass it.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Last edited by beeza; 12-09-2017 at 09:23 PM.