Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord

I need more light (Euro CL9 headlights)

I am driving more on completely unlit roads nowadays and find that the stock H1 bulbs don't push out enough light to drive safely at speed. My headlights are stock and compliant (55w halogen in each beam)

I would like a bit more light on both driving and high beam. I also don't have anything in the foglight pockets, but I don't know how effective low positioned high powered spreaders would be so close to the road surface.

I would like to hear about straighforward solutions people have used. Simply higher wattage bulbs? LEDs? Has anyone been knocked back on rego lately for a non-complaint HID conversion? Would adding a washer nozzle on the bumper make HID's compliant?

I am curious to hear about LED conversions is anyone has tried these - what did it do with your beam spread?

Thanks.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Mine is also not crash hot. I you need just a little more there are couple of things you might be able to do:
    1. Change to Philips xtreme vision or Osram nightbreaker bulbs
    2. Remove headlight protector if you have one or
    3. Clean/polish headlight to allow more light to come through.

Can you please tell me if the low beam goes through the fish eye type/style optics? If so LED light distribution might not be too good.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ... You probably also want the headlight aligned if it hasn't been done yet to make sure they are at the correct level
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars