Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1

Starter motor location

Hey guys. Searched everywhere but cannot find the location of my Honda 2007 civic type r FN2 starter motor! Do i need to take off the intake manifold to reach it?
    Can anyone send me link for removable or relocation?
    Thanks!

It's directly under the intake manifold at the engine to gearbox mounting face. Dunno how hard it is to reach in your car but on my ek with the same engine it's literally a 10 minute job to change the starter motor.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    It's directly under the intake manifold at the engine to gearbox mounting face. Dunno how hard it is to reach in your car but on my ek with the same engine it's literally a 10 minute job to change the starter motor.
    Thanks mate.
    And that taking the intake off or working from underneath the car?

Mine is a k swap into ek4, and has no air con, power steer etc., so there's nothing in the way. I just come in from the front - there's plenty of room in front of the engine to get at it.

Doesn't help you, I know.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    Mine is a k swap into ek4, and has no air con, power steer etc., so there's nothing in the way. I just come in from the front - there's plenty of room in front of the engine to get at it.

Doesn't help you, I know.
    Thats all good mate.

Crazy kswap? you tracking?

No Worries

Hoping I can take under tray to access it. But at least now I know where to find it! Under the intake manifold.
    Already fearing the room to work with!
    Alternator was a B^%$

Thanks

Yep. Dedicated track car (which may one day see a race track). Not 100% sure but I think if you remove the under tray you should have pretty good access. There are only 2 bolts (14mm and 17mm spannerr iirc) and the cabling (14mm spanner i think) and it just comes straight out. Just don't forget to disconnect the battery first, as the main battery feed to the starter is live and will make big sparks if the spanner touches anything nearby (and there are a lot of metallic objects nearby)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    Hectic car you have! Take it to the track with me on Melbourne Cup day!
    Alternator removed this arvo. Worst part ive tackled in my life. No room!
    Also broke the sensor that plugs to block! Snapped off. Do you know what this sensor is?
    Cheers bro

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    m.youtube.com/watch?t=156s&v=DagzTdSvQCA

If it's anything like the crv,from above is best.I will be doing this in a week.