Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL

2014 Accord Vti-L review

I finally decided to part with my 2009 Honda Accord Euro Luxury. It was such a beautiful car to own over the past 5 years, purchased ex-lease and maintained myself. Many of you will know that I have always been a Honda fan and have owned many over the years. It was a struggle to determine what I wanted to replace it with and disappointed that there was no Euro replacement, but I finally landed on an orchard white 2014 Honda Accord 2.4 Vti-L and love it!

I have had it for a month now because I wanted to reserve my comments until I had a good amount of time to test it. At first I was quite reluctant because I was coming from an Accord Euro, and know the Accord is US focused and thai built, etc, but I’m super happy with the change. Wife and young kids have also given it the thumbs up.

Things I like about the Accord in comparison to the Accord Euro:
    - Car feels lighter, has a bigger interior, a more comfortable ride, and a little quieter inside.
    - It’s much more fuel efficient than my Accord Euro Lux (I compared it over the same routes / same driving style over 2 tanks) and not noticing too much power difference, although I don't flog it. Eg. 7.0l (91 RON) vs 9.0l (95 RON) mainly driving on 80kph roads (20 min return trips), through a few roundabouts with minimal traffic lights. Obviously both will use more in city traffic. I noticed the Accord rolls and glides better, allowing you to lift off a lot earlier and maintains it’s speed for longer than the Euro. So I guess that’s where the fuel saving comes from. Both cars have Toyo tyres. On a trip to ocean grove, mainly freeway driving, we averaged in the high 5s.
    - Gadgets (noticeable over the Euro so far are: left lane change camera, adaptive headlights that go on when turning, LED DRLs/headlights/tail lights, smart key that enables you to open doors/boot, start car and lock doors without having to touch the fob and alerts so you can’t leave fob locked in car or boot).

I am planning to leave it stock because I like it the way it is at the moment. The only thing I have done is change the number plate lights to 4300k white lights because I’m not a fan of the OEM yellow or aftermarket blue tinge.

All in all, very happy! Such an underrated Jap lux cruiser. And a bonus that there aren’t many on the road. 

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Good review. May I ask whether the fuel figures are read from the dash or did you use trip meter / fuel at pump to calculate?

Asking because there's another thread with this same engine in an Odyssey, re fuel consumption.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    The fuel usage was based on trip meter and fuel at pump. Both were showing a little better on the computer. Eg. Accord 6.7l dash vs 7.0l actual.

Also forgot to mention I have my tyre pressures at 38 all round.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I have also struggled to find a replacement for my 2010 Euro,but think the 2018 Camry is the best candidate so far....