Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I dont think your setup is ever going to be considered to be quiet/drone free.

Its 3in, its not mean't to be quiet, its sized for people chasing power, and sound is the by product. (usually speaking)

Its a full setup starting from headers. Im my experience, catback alone are usually fine for sound needs. Once you add headers to the list it actually gets louder, like neighbors dobbing me in to EPA louder.

I dont even know what Im looking at in the pic you posted. You say its a single exit but there's an T intersection and im pretty sure in saying this, but that T intersection would not be an ideal way desgin an exhaust, its not flowing straight out.

If crusing around town in peace is goal, then stock car should be goals.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I dont think your setup is ever going to be considered to be quiet/drone free.

Its 3in, its not mean't to be quiet, its sized for people chasing power, and sound is the by product. (usually speaking)

Its a full setup starting from headers. Im my experience, catback alone are usually fine for sound needs. Once you add headers to the list it actually gets louder, like neighbors dobbing me in to EPA louder.

I dont even know what Im looking at in the pic you posted. You say its a single exit but there's an T intersection and im pretty sure in saying this, but that T intersection would not be an ideal way desgin an exhaust, its not flowing straight out.

If crusing around town in peace is goal, then stock car should be goals.
    Hi amant02,

The exhaust is a single exit.
    That t intersection in the picture is a Helmholtz resonator which is welded shut at the other end.
    This is meant to bounce back sound waves at a particular resonance which can kill drone at certain rpms.

What I found interesting was that with the factory catback and the headers and highflow cat, the exhaust sounded the same. You wouldn't even know it had headers.

I do understand what you are saying in that if I wanted a quiet ride I should have left it stock.

But I do want the best of both worlds.
    At the moment it's definitely liveable with and haven't cause me any issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by AgroVeg View Post
    Looking at the size of the rear muffler, it isnt really big anyhow so i dont think it would do a lot of dampening.

the factory exhaust is quiet because of the rear muffler, which was a turbo design (ie: restrictive).

As i said before, worse case scenario put a twinloop muffler on it, and it should kill the noise (at least at lower rpms) I reflashed someone from SA with PLM healders, high flow cat into a straight thru 2.5 inch (no resonators) into a twinloop, under 3k rpm it's very quiet.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by AgroVeg View Post
    Hi amant02,

The exhaust is a single exit.
    That t intersection in the picture is a Helmholtz resonator which is welded shut at the other end.
    This is meant to bounce back sound waves at a particular resonance which can kill drone at certain rpms.

What I found interesting was that with the factory catback and the headers and highflow cat, the exhaust sounded the same. You wouldn't even know it had headers.

I do understand what you are saying in that if I wanted a quiet ride I should have left it stock.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I dont think your getting the best of any world and just stuck with the problems of both.

I would scrap this exhaust if your not happy with the sound. Cause your not getting the sound you want and your 100% loosing hp over the stock setup.

This was the best sounding honda I ever owned.

Injen CAI
    PLM Headers 4-2-1
    RM10A - Cat back.
    Straight pipe no cat (hi flow cat fail emission testing anyway)

All 2.5in. No drone, no raspyness.

Only go 3in in a Honda if your going all out power and chasing that few extra kws.
    Last edited by amant02; 24-02-2018 at 02:19 AM.