2009 Accord (not euro) - seeking for spare tire recommendations

Hi everyone,

I recently changed the spare tire for the left rear one, i'm new to the auto world so i got a few concerns:
    - Is this recommended to keep running with the new left rear tire or i need to change all the four tire or change the right rear tire? i heard some myth that the two rear tires need to be the same in condition ?
    - As the old tire flatted out (now it becomes the spare tire), therefore, i need to change it, i need some recommendations about what type of tire should i looking for and where is the most reasonable place to find one in Sydney inner west area the recommended tire is P215/60R16 94V
    - The current tires from the previous owner is Bridgestone ecopia, but the spare tire i changed is Michelin, is this ok to keep running like this ?
    - Just another minor questions, the alloy rim of the spare tire doesn't come with the centre cap, how can i remove the centre cap of the old one to place into the old one? should i just push really hard from the back of it?

Thank you very much, all of the comments and feedbacks are highly appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaCristo View Post
    i heard some myth that the two rear tires need to be the same in condition ?
    2 tyres on the same axle should always be the same tyre and of same condition.
    That is not a myth.

As the old tire flatted out (now it becomes the spare tire), therefore, i need to change it,
    no you dont, you want to change the rear that went flat and the rear that didnt, and put the "spare" back in the boot.

or change the right rear tire?
    to match the rear left, yes, or change both rear's and put the temp one back in the boot.

The current tires from the previous owner is Bridgestone ecopia, but the spare tire i changed is Michelin, is this ok to keep running like this ?
    no.

ever tried to do a run with two different shoes on each of your foot? say one sport shoe and one heels? you'd probably run into problems, same principle here, you dont want to spin around in the rain because your rear end has diff
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    It all depends how you drive mate.

If you aren't gonna be on the edge of the grip, then you will certainly get away with miss matched tires. Just be careful driving specially in the rain. NOTE: In an emergency situation you will be on the edge if grip.

You remove the center cap by gently tapping it.

Bob jane is the cheapest on tires, all you gota do is your shopping. Call a few places, tell em all xxx place can do it cheaper(talk sh1t) they will give you their cheapest. Then you call bob jane and tell em the cheapest you can find they will beat it.

This what I would do, Just use the car the way it is dont go thinking your michael schumacher and just replace all 5 when the time is due or when a sale 3 for 4 is on is usually when i just stock up on tires.

You wont loose control of the car if driving civilised, it just that car will become unpredictable on the limit of grip when running miss matched tires aka hooning or not driving to the conditions.

Thank for your inputs.

Well, i drive quite gentle, never hit speed limit, speeding corner, accelerate in the middle of turning or else.
    And actually after changing the tyre i did went from Sydney to Wollongong for a day trip and noticed no obvious difference.

I just want to be clear about the trade-off between safety factor (we're expecting a baby) and the financial side of the story to found out is this worth or not, to change to two new tyres, put one on spare and get rib of usable one >"<.
    It could be a lot easier if our budget isn't so tight ^^!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    You can get the other tire repaired for under 40 bucks. If your anywhere near hornsby hit me up and ill pass you a voucher for puncture repair at bob janes. They give this booklet everytime you 4 set of tires of them one of which gets you 50% off the puncture repair.