Scosche magnetic mount plates using double sided tapes

Dear floks

For couple of years I have been using those plates to stick them on covers of my iphone and family phones , and since I can't reuse them after removing them because of replacing phones or replacing covers as their adhesive gone
    What I am doing I keep buying a new replacement kits as in the link below ,now I am ending up with many plates.

https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Magic.../dp/B00I608BG6

Can I re-use those plates again ? Or I need to keep buy replacement kit ?

If I can re-use them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Double sided tapes that originally used is 3M and it is very thin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I failed to find such 3M thin layer double sided tape

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Bunnings has as your answers. Maybe use a razor blade to cut off the older material as much as you can and get the thinnest ones you can find at bunnings.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    If I can re-use them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Double sided tapes that originally used is 3M and it is very thin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I failed to find such 3M thin layer double sided tape
    Late reply to this thread, but you can use 3M 300LSE double sided tape which can be found on eBay, I recommend buying from a US seller as these are genuine ones compared to the others - approx $15AU for a sheet that's half an A4... and you cut it with scissors to fit your product. It's as thin as paper and withstands heat and all conditions well enough, have used these on the magnetic plates for those phone holders. I buy the 3M 300LSE for other purposes however, I fix DSLR cameras and that tape is used to hold on the rubber grips around the camera body, we have to replace them every time we pull a camera apart for repairs.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Honestly in my experience I find using butter over ghee really helps, it's the way to go.

Hope this helps
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Honestly in my experience I find using butter over ghee really helps, it's the way to go.

Hope this helps
    ghee wizz thats some good information

mods pls sticky this post
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Wow fuk off you slanty I'd transsexual girl boy
    part time potato