Threaded View

Jake's EK1 "Road to Honda Nats"

Hey Everyone, first time doing a "build thread of sorts"

After being convinced by a friend, I decided that I wanted to partake in Honda Nats, since I have been having withdrawals from not going to the track.

So on a rainy morning I was woken up to the sound of a facebook notification - my mate had tagged me in this black GLI EK, which was perfect seeing as black is my fav colour, and factory disk brakes.

Without hesitation I organised to go see the little honda, and sure enough, brought her home...

First Order of business was to change the driverside axle, as it sounded as if there was a corroboree unfolding whenever I turned full lock.

Big ol' impact

Air tools make this a peice of cake

it started getting messy from here on out, so I stopped taking photos.

anyway, got the axle out relatively easy, however I realised I had accidentally picked up a B series axle from my mates shop.

so the car sat on jackstands for a day until I got a re manufactured one through my work.

axle back in, one 7k rpm launch out of the garage, and I was on my way to uni.

with that out of the way, I impulse bought some 96 spec ITR wheels - mid lecture - for a steal.

To my suprise, they came within a couple of days - FROM PERTH!

Extremely happy with them for the price, only downside is that I'll need to run adapter spacers - with locktite of course

More Updates Soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rqek1MF.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	30221  
    Last edited by jakestaxx; 04-04-2018 at 07:20 PM.