Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

Random Weird idle

Hello,

Have a 06 euro auto (130k kms). I noticed yesterday that the idle of the car was off. It was normal then at random intervals it seems to miss a beat (can see tacho dial drops slightly and go back to normal). Guessing 650rpm.

I notice a bit of a splutter between 1k-2k.

Nothing has been changed lately on the car, fuel economy is normal.

Spark plugs replaced a year ago and fuel filter replaced/valve inspected 4.5 years ago.

Had a blown coil a while ago and it’s not that. Not a tractor sound, just sounds like a drop beat.

Happy for any ideas before taking it to mechanic if I can’t sort it.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    It seems like a random misfire but none detected on computer when scanning.

Physically visually inspected spark plugs and coils. Didn’t check spark plug gap (only 10k 1.5 years old).

The only thing I can think of that has happened lately is I left the car idling for 90 mins which may have heated something up but I never recalled the idle issue after that drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    random missing a beat..

can you do a load test on the alternator and battery? see if it's a electricity supply issue?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    random missing a beat..

can you do a load test on the alternator and battery? see if it's a electricity supply issue?
    The battery is only 8 months old (nrma) and the alternator is about 4 years old. Though, it’s an aftermarket one.

Haven’t really had any issues with the charging system. Can’t load test it at the moment.

I had my mechanic out yesterday, he said the brake booster was leaking and there was a noticeable hiss (under the bonnet) when turning the car off.

Clamped the vacuum hose and the idle
    Picked up abit.

So going to replace the booster and see what happens. Hopefully that’s it