recurring wiper problem on 93 Accord

Hello. I still have this darn problem with my wipers coming on by themselves. The only fix I have so far is to pull the fuse out. Today they came on at least 6 times and I can't turn them off. The last time the speedo went to zero and the green s light started flashing. I changed the speed sensor not long ago. The speedo going to zero I don't think is related. Mostly it's just the wipers coming on by themselves. Anyone have any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I suspect an earth connection to instrumentation cluster going bad. I don't know where it is on your car though but it might be a lead connected to the firewall. Your car is about the right age for stuff like that starting to play up.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Hello Richard. I guess it's worth looking at. Would it be an earth from instruments cluster to inside firewall or an earth on the engine side of firewall?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I don't know exactly. If you have the wiring diagram for your car you will have to trace the wire. It's a PITA getting a good view under the dash unless you can pull the driver seat out of the car.

It might be worth asking on a few other forums (ie. international) if anyone knows where the cluster is earthed.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon