wiper problem still not fixed on 93 Accord

Hello. The only way I solved the wiper problem from them starting by themselves was to pull the wiper fuse out. Don't know any other way to fix it. This brings me to another problem. Tonight when I was driving along the speedo starting going up and down then the green s light started flashing, about 5 minutes later the orange engine light came on. I managed to get the codes out, the orange light was code 17 and the green light was code 4. Both those codes indicated the speed sensor but I only replaced it about 2 years ago. How long are they supposed to last? With the codes I mentioned would the speed sensor be the problem? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Does the wiper problem persist if you unplug the speedo sensor cable?
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Hello Richard. I hadn't thought about the speedo sensor, the problem is they may not come by themselves for months then they might come on 3 times in a day. Also I was a the traffic lights the other day and I was stopped and the speedo started flicking up and down. It's a real mystery

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I know it sounds annoying, but speedo sensors only cost between 10 and 20 dollars delivered, so if you want to eliminate that from the list of suspects, replace it.

Hello. Isn't the speedo sensor some sort of electronic chip attached to the instrument cluster?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    The actual sensor sits on the gearbox, underneath the air intake and a million other hoses.

This video shows what the part looks like, how to get to it, and how to change it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__hA02DaZVw

Unlike this guy I would remove the intake hose.

Thanks for everyone's help about my mystery wiper problem. I might be selling my trusty old Honda complete with wipers that work on their own. Seems it can't be fixed. Anyway I'm looking at a 2004/5 crv. Ive heard this model can have transmission problems. Im looking at auction or private. Can anyone tell what problems there are or what to look out for with this model?