Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si

Clutch Hydraulics question - new clutch not engaging - GD Jazz

Dear Ozhonda peeps,

I replaced my clutch to a 'stage 1/sports' one (and lighter flywheel) by myself, due to the clutch slipping.
    Upon removing the stock clutch, the clutch disc had barely any meat left.

I tried to bleed the clutch myself, used about 1 & 2/3 Honda brake fluid bottles, (including filling two 500ml bottles with fluid so that the end of the tube could be submerged.)
    Initial cycles of the bleeding process, cloudy gritty fluid came outta the bleeder. Later on during my bleeding, when new fluid started to come out the bleeder, I collected the fresh fluid in another bottle. Afterwards, after no success on getting to be able to bleed properly, I reused the collected recycled fluid, twice, and gradually the fluid turned darker, which is odd.
    So this means that the culprit is either the Clutch master or/and slave cylinder, yea? CMC isn't leaking, nor can I find any visible leaks on the clutch hydraulic line.

Not able to engage the clutch. I did once after my final round of bleeding. Released the clutch in 1st, the Jazz jolted forward slightly, then stopped.

I assume that my deteriorating clutch disc was due to the CMC or SC not being able to hold pressure. In my current case, not being able to hold a heavier clutch.

I would like advice of determining whether its the CMC or Slave cylinder. And if I replace either one, would it be recommended to replace the other too?

Thanks.
    Last edited by 3K9; 31-07-2018 at 07:38 AM.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Did you install the clutch correctly ?
    Is the slave rod pushing against the clutch fork when you press the clutch ?
    Is your clutch fork straight (some forks don't like heavy duty clutches) ?
    Is your pedal properly adjusted ?
    Are you bleeding it correctly ?
    Have you tried bench bleeding ?
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Found the issue.
    Driveshafts weren't in properly. -.-
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted