Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro

[CL9] Transmission locks in park.

I've done a bit of searching, and could only find this thread that relates to the issue I'm having.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...highlight=park
    Although the symptoms are similar, there is no information as to how the problem was resolved.
    When the engine is cold, it starts but the transmission cannot be moved out of the Park position. Leaving the engine to warm up the transmission will then operate normally, and is usually OK unless the car has been sitting several hours, and everything is again cold. Any thoughts on resolving the issue would be helpful, or even some ideas before I present the car to an "expert". Fluid level is good and I did the 3x3x3 fluid change when we purchased the car 2 years ago.

Cheers,
    Mick.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    There are lots of posts regarding the TSX in the US. Most point to the solenoid not does having, so brake switch, ignition switch or the solenoid itself. Put a multimeter across the solenoid and see if it's getting the required voltage.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Also worth testing your battery. It may just be that the voltage is too low to pull the solenoid until the alternator charges it a little.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
    There are lots of posts regarding the TSX in the US. Most point to the solenoid not does having, so brake switch, ignition switch or the solenoid itself. Put a multimeter across the solenoid and see if it's getting the required voltage.
    Thanks, looks like I might be crawling under the car on the weekend. The battery is less than 12 months old, I'll put a meter across it anyway.