Thread: IACV Fix? D16y4

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Ciivic

IACV Fix? D16y4

Just did an engine swap and for some reason I am getting engine rpm surge issues.
    Unplugged the IACV and it goes back to nice and calm. Plug it back in and it still acts polite - turn the car off and restart and we go back in a circle.

Ill clean it soon, maybe swap it for the IACV from the other engine. Any likely causes? Air in the coolant?
    the EK D16y4 Engine doesnt have a bleed valve - I really prefer the set up on my EG - makes me consider adding one for the ease of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Ciivic
    Quote Originally Posted by Omasta View Post
    Just did an engine swap and for some reason I am getting engine rpm surge issues.
    Unplugged the IACV and it goes back to nice and calm. Plug it back in and it still acts polite - turn the car off and restart and we go back in a circle.

Ill clean it soon, maybe swap it for the IACV from the other engine. Any likely causes? Air in the coolant?
    the EK D16y4 Engine doesnt have a bleed valve - I really prefer the set up on my EG - makes me consider adding one for the ease of it.

OKAY so i took my IACV off both engines and compared them to each other - finding an actual diagram of the IACV hasnt been easy - during the comparison I noticed that the IACV Magnetic Tongue on #1 was slightly more closed that #2 and also cleaner. I then took off the IACV mag-elec connection and found the ability of the magnet to SLIP back and forth was impeded. the Magnet Tongue MUST be cleaned, ideally to a gloss shine. over time there is a build up of residue similar to other areas involved in coolant that may sit for a while. this build up causes issues with the opening and closing on a hotter engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SZC2NEX.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	30273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95RWuSV.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	30274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eb8ITwT.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	30275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NfvCkQf.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	30276