Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro

Question Door Lock Actuators - Need 2 front doors done

Located Melbourne northern burbs.

Watched the video and hmm, do I have the patience to do it myself? I don't think so.

What's a reasonable rate to do this?

Who can do?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2
    It's a common problem with CL9 euros and also I've heard CU2s might have similar issues. I had a CL9 before and within a period of a about 2 years I had to replace 3 door lock actuators.

I found that some mechanics will charge around $90-100 just for the labor. It's considered a one hour job. But some might be willing to do it for cheaper around $50 bucks. So shop around a bit and ask for quotes.

You can save money by sourcing OEM actuators on Ebay for around $40-50 bucks which is what I did. I wouldn't go for the cheaper ones that are made in China which are advertised at around $20. I bought one of those and it failed on me after about a month.

So in total it should cost you around $100 to find an OEM actuator and get it installed by a qualified mechanic. Otherwise you can try and do it yourself or get a mate to do it but it's a fiddly annoying BS job to do.