Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Notice of Site Closure - Wednesday 1 May 2019 @ 9PM AEST

It has now been over 15 years since Ozhonda was first setup and started serving the Australian Honda community. After much consideration around the effort and costs of maintaining the site, the decision has been made to to close it down over the next month. Intent will be to keep the site in read only format as of Wednesday 1 May 2019 @ 9 PM AEST with the site closing (ie content not accessible) from the 1 June 2019 (subject to costs of hosting).

The success of the site would not have been possible without the dedication of members, moderators and financial support of traders and sponsors. I would like to extend a sincere thank you to all of you over the years. It has been a very rewarding experience seeing the community grow over the years, in particular the large amount of information shared amongst the community, but the time has now come to draw things to a close.
    Last edited by wynode; 26-04-2019 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Revised read only date and time.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Almost none of my projects would have been possible without Ozhonda. Thanks for everything.

Wow can’t believe it’s been 15 years. Was doing a search for old posts and decided to come in here.

Saw lots of familiar names from yesteryear. Sad to see Ozhonda go. But glad of all the friendships created from here.

Thanks for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Is it possible to contribute/crow-fund the hosting? Some of the guys would be happy to crow-fund hosting costs?

Even though site hasnt much activity it's still a very good source of info as an archive.

...failing that can the vBulletin be made available as a file so they can be archived?
    Last edited by Fredoops; 01-04-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    good this site was shit anyway
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, seems like I've been here for some time, was super helpful.

Agree with Fred on this one, perhaps we can archive some good DIYs and threads that have great info for future reference?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    It has now been over 15 years since Ozhonda was first setup and started serving the Australian Honda community. After much consideration around the effort and costs of maintaining the site, the decision has been made to to close it down over the next month. Intent will be to keep the site in read only format as of Wednesday 16 April 2019 with the site closing (ie content not accessible) from the 1 June 2019 (subject to costs of hosting).

The success of the site would not have been possible without the dedication of members, moderators and financial support of traders and sponsors. I would like to extend a sincere thank you to all of you over the years. It has been a very rewarding experience seeing the community grow over the years, in particular the large amount of information shared amongst the community, but the time has now come to draw things to a close.
    Hey Wynode,

Can you please inbox me, ur inbox is full.

a few of us may be interested in taking over the site.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    how much to keep the site up and running? im sure people would love to chip in to keep it going, myself included

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by stalis View Post
    how much to keep the site up and running? im sure people would love to chip in to keep it going, myself included
    i have a few others keen on this idea bro.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Ah so he finally comes back to close the site

ad revenue $ must have dropped below site costs lol

nice one Wynode

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Is it possible to contribute/crow-fund the hosting? Some of the guys would be happy to crow-fund hosting costs?

Even though site hasnt much activity it's still a very good source of info as an archive.

...failing that can the vBulletin be made available as a file so they can be archived?
    A lot of Honda groups use the DIYs from here even nowadays. It's a worthwhile resource to keep online

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Or he can sell up and let someone else who is willing to lose money to keep this going for another generation.

Ill even say it out in the open ill offer 2 grand if he sells the site and all intellectual property of ozhonda to me. Im negotiable if his greedy.

Meet me for a coffee and chat. I have a few grand spare at the moment, before i decide to upgrade my AC system to a 14kW system for my house (missus is putting me under pressure)