Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    so no one was able to get hold of Wynode?

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    Nope...
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Well its 18/0419 and i can still post.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    still alive

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    alive...but for how long...where is Wynoooddddeeeeeeee.....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    Nothing at all from him

Happy to chuck in some money to keep hosting going each year. any news on what's likely to happen? I don't have and hate facebook, sad if we lose the great DIY and stuff thats on here.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I've called wyn and left a VM so hopefully I'll be able to discuss with him shortly.

Thank you everyone for your ongoing support and interest.

Unfortunately time flies by and things change. This site is an excellent resource and should continue if we can find a way to support it.

I'm tying the knot, have 2 step-kids and my own first kid on the way this year - but I still have my real baby (the EF8) and am still planning more work for it haha.

Keep up the good work guys!
    Andy

Member Array
    Car:
    '00 EM1
    Wow so sad to see this announcement. Nostalgia kickin’ in hard. Sending my support and hope it can be salvaged.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Andy, thanks for the call and apologies all for the late reply. Been a bit tied up the last week and have extended the date to make the site read only until 9 PM Wednesday 1 April. Regardless though, will try and keep this thread open for a bit longer if people would like to share any thoughts regarding archiving content.

The decision to gradually shut down the site was not a simple one, nor was just just a financial decision. It is also about ensuring members and sponsors needs are addressed in a timely manner. Maintaining the site, not just the front end moderating but also the back end around maintaining the server, backups, software updates, managing security vulnerabilities etc all takes time and effort and deserves a certain responsiveness. There is an opportunity for someone else to make a fresh start for the Honda community in Australia and we have had a pretty good run!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    9 PM Wednesday 1 April.
    The next time April 1 falls on a Wednesday is 2020. After that it's 2026 followed by 2037.

Jokes aside, seeing you probably mean 1st of May, that leaves about a week to discuss anything here. If anyone wants to set up or help set up a new AU Honda forum, please use r/ozhonda on Reddit to discuss / organise once this site locks up.
    Last edited by Richard B; 27-04-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    Andy, thanks for the call and apologies all for the late reply. Been a bit tied up the last week and have extended the date to make the site read only until 9 PM Wednesday 1 April. Regardless though, will try and keep this thread open for a bit longer if people would like to share any thoughts regarding archiving content.

The decision to gradually shut down the site was not a simple one, nor was just just a financial decision. It is also about ensuring members and sponsors needs are addressed in a timely manner. Maintaining the site, not just the front end moderating but also the back end around maintaining the server, backups, software updates, managing security vulnerabilities etc all takes time and effort and deserves a certain responsiveness. There is an opportunity for someone else to make a fresh start for the Honda community in Australia and we have had a pretty good run!

Hi Wynode,

understand the effort required for building and maintaining the site.

However if you do close/shut the site all the information will be lost.

So cut to the chase i'll ask 2 questions:

1. do you intend to sell the site so it can continue?
    2. if you dont intent to sell the site, will you give us permission make the content of the site available for someone to archive and extra useful threads, in a packaged file perhaps?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 27-04-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars