Hybrid View

Talking EB1 (1169cc) NA carbie upgrade advice

Hi all!

Just got my hondmatic civic all cleaned up and almost on the road again.... but before we commit to the rego, I'm keen for an upgrade. "Back in the day" people kept telling me to get a weber carbie. Now my mechanic tells me that these days I can do better, and wants to get twin dellortos.

So I'm posting here because I'm looking for a set of twin 40DCOE carbies and linkages as well.... Ebay has some, like this...

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/2150300896...=&toolid=10001

But I don't think those specifically are the right ones. Any advice or links or tips on where to buy the parts to make it go broOOM BROOUM instead of putt-putt would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Where are you located?

I'm in Canberra Australia.

Here's the engine rebuild!

https://fb.watch/v/23azokbzA/

The heater leaks coolant into the cabin, so it's on bypass so I'd love some kind of lead or info on how to get a replacement heater.

The fan is "wired in" so the car runs too cold. I have a new thermostat I can install to help a bit, but I'll need to get a thermoswitch as well, which shouldn't be hard.

Lastly, I need valve seals for the outlet exhaust valves, no idea where to get these....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by freakwent View Post
    I'm in Canberra Australia.

Here's the engine rebuild!

https://fb.watch/v/23azokbzA/

The heater leaks coolant into the cabin, so it's on bypass so I'd love some kind of lead or info on how to get a replacement heater.

The fan is "wired in" so the car runs too cold. I have a new thermostat I can install to help a bit, but I'll need to get a thermoswitch as well, which shouldn't be hard.

Lastly, I need valve seals for the outlet exhaust valves, no idea where to get these....

Sounds great mate.

I'm sorry to say this forum has been very quite for a long time now.

This is quite a rare model these days so I'm not sure who is best to ask for help. Finding replacement parts will be a nightmare. Are there any savvy local mechs around you?

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Have you tried turning it off and on again
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    thread locked pending investigation
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Thread reopened due to no reason.

Thread locked again due to pending investigation.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    thread pigeon holed
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    From what I remember Dellortos are highly tunable.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon