Rain sensing cover is off.

Hi All
    My car is a 2005 MY05 Euro Lux
    Minor issue but the cover over the rain sensor on my windscreen on my has fallen down and I can't seem to be able to push it back on. Any tips? A YouTube?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Can you up load a photo of cover and sensor?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rain sensor cover refit

Quote Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
    Can you up load a photo of cover and sensor?

Hi Kodak
    Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in responding but haven't been in the car for a few days. I have attached the photos. They are not great quality because the background was outside daylight. I can resend them by taking the photos indoors and front lighting. Let me know if you need that done. Grateful for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rain sensor photo 1.jpg 
Views:	1008 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	30310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rain sensor photo 3.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	30311  

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Here is the diagram from the service manual. You can see the two clips that hold the cover in place. I suspect you need to hook in the wide side (bottom) first, and then engage the clips shown in the diagram.

Here is the diagram from the service manual. You can see the two clips that hold the cover in place. I suspect you need to hook in the wide side (bottom) first, and then engage the clips shown in the diagram.

Many thanks for your help. Will ty to do it today.
    Mike - Gold Coast

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2005Euro View Post
    Many thanks for your help. Will ty to do it today.
    Mike - Gold Coast
    Make sure the rain sensor is attached to windscreen properly as well.

Make sure the rain sensor is attached to windscreen properly as well.

Will do. I had a windscreen replacement some time back and it hasn't worked 100% since. I sometimes have to give it a bit of pressure against the windscreen to get it to work. I considered taking it off altogether and re-installing it but never did it. The intermittent timing seems to take over when the sensor doesn't work so I used that function instead. Any recommendations for a long term permanent fix other than a total replacement?

Incidentally, this has been a great car for reliability. Have had a failed alternator and replaced both front door lock/unlock actuators. The actuators cost me $38. total cost as I did it myself so total cost. Time was about 1 hour per door. Honda quoted me $750. Stopped going to them for all servicing after that.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2005Euro View Post
    Will do. I had a windscreen replacement some time back and it hasn't worked 100% since. I sometimes have to give it a bit of pressure against the windscreen to get it to work. I considered taking it off altogether and re-installing it but never did it. The intermittent timing seems to take over when the sensor doesn't work so I used that function instead. Any recommendations for a long term permanent fix other than a total replacement?
    Sound like the sensor is not attached to the windscreen properly.