Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to get the Accord Euro CD player/radio unit Serial Number ?

Hi!

Does anyone know how to get the Serial no of the CD player/radio unit WITHOUT open centre console top panel?...

I need the serial number of the CD player/radio unit to get the security CODE from Honda .. as the CODE for my CD player/radio unit isn't on manual & not on the Honda Service system .

Honda guy told It will cost $95 (labour to take out the CD player/radio unit ), and once he know serial n.o then he can get the CODE for FREE.

Please! Help ....

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Euro players dont have codes from memory, we pull them out for audio upgrades to do wiring and plug them back up and they work, maybe your got issues with it we havent seen?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    yeah I'm pretty sure Euro doesnt need code . . . anyway whats wrong with the unit before ?

thats strange Honda need the serial # of the unit coz usually Honda only need your chassis # and rego # to get the details of your car,

I did when to Honda dealer .. give them VIN, REGO & Service manual book...But on the honda system they can not find the CODE for my car radio...

I don't need the code at the moment. However I want the code incase of battery change or unplug the battery if I go to holiday.

Are you sure that Euro radio does not need the CODE ? ... I may try to unplug the battery once I got the serial number of the radio in hand.

Does any one have the radio security CODE on their EURO service booklet ??? ....

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Euro hasnt got code on the radio thats why Honda hasnt got it on their data base, but please ask another euro owner just incase we are wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah I am quite sure it doesnt have a code, even the manual doesnt mention a code.

The manual says that all you need to do is reset the power window auto function when you disconnect the battery.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kman2k View Post
    I did when to Honda dealer .. give them VIN, REGO & Service manual book...But on the honda system they can not find the CODE for my car radio...

I don't need the code at the moment. However I want the code incase of battery change or unplug the battery if I go to holiday.

Are you sure that Euro radio does not need the CODE ? ... I may try to unplug the battery once I got the serial number of the radio in hand.

Does any one have the radio security CODE on their EURO service booklet ??? ....
    There is no code. I've unplugged the battery many times for a few hours and it doesn't ask for a code. The reason is that the Euro's headunit can only be used in the Euro since it is not a standard DIN unit.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Sorry bringing back old thread.

I know CL9 doesn't need radio code, does anyone know if this is same with CU2?

I didn't get the radio code from the dealer but the manual book mention to enter it if battery is disconnected.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by visconti View Post
    Sorry bringing back old thread.

I know CL9 doesn't need radio code, does anyone know if this is same with CU2?

I didn't get the radio code from the dealer but the manual book mention to enter it if battery is disconnected.
    Same with CU2. There is no radio code.

The CL9 also mentioned in the manual to type in the code after reconnecting the battery but there was no code.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    That's great.. thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Most new cars don't have codes for their radio unit as they are specifically made for that car model.

my CL9 doesn not have code as well, unplug the batts all the time when I go overseas.