Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Mate, The old European tracks it is VERY hard to pass another F1 car.
    Think about this, he over took Jenson and 2 BMW's in 1 chicane (major risk) but never had a CLEAR oppitunity to pass Alonso.

If you have never raced it is hard to think thats its hard to pass, looks easy on tv and seems easy in theory but really its not.
    Even in Karting for me its a pain in the ass.

Senna was great at qualifying, but again he had a terrific car under him too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    I think last night proved schumacher has a terrific car as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by nEUROtic
    I think last night proved schumacher has a terrific car as well now.
    Agree with you there, but so does Renualt and BAR showed a MAJOR improvment.

Red Bull didn't score any points which is weird, but seeing Jacques getting 6th and giving the press shit was awesome!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    i cant stand jacques, but thats just an irrational hatred I dont have any facts to support it

It seems a team can only have really good car Micheals is great and not rubes, alonso but not fisi, any driver apart from raikkonen at mclaren.

I feel sorry for those guys

I also feel for Kimi, poor guy has the chance to win races he has won before and beaten Michael, Alonso etc.
    The team just can't get his car right, I wonder if Juan will race in Spain.

Spain Fri, Sat and Sun has been sold out 2 weeks ago!
    How good is that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Prolly to do with alonso leading the championship.

Yeah kimi musta been a terroist in a previous life and did an attack on a hall of mirrors to get luck like he has. No wonder the guy gets ****ing hammered and exposes himself to strippers. Hell I do that and I'm nowhere near that disillusioned. Oh wait I've said too much..

this year its even harder to pass on track with the raised front bar creating more turberlance...

cant even remember any genuine overtaking in 4 races now... that werent leaders overtaking slower backmarkers...
    schumacher had a good ~5 attempts at passing but couldnt pull it off...
    his car was indeed the faster of the top 3 but like murray walker used to say "catching is one thing... overtaking is another"...

i want to see sato get a podium this year too!...

i just hope they continue to improve the car as the year progresses...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Agree with you there, but so does Renualt and BAR showed a MAJOR improvment.

Red Bull didn't score any points which is weird, but seeing Jacques getting 6th and giving the press shit was awesome!
    what sort of shit was JV giving the press? that would have been interesting

damn i should have watched it last night. i only had the webcast as i had something early on this morning

at one stage button was leading? but the schu is the master, isn't he?

welcome back to the ferrari comeback, and BAR too

schumacher obviously had the fastest car on the track...

12th to 3rd just cause he could stay out longer and pull in times 1-2 sec faster than anyone else ...

anyone else think that sato should've done more ? 4th was really obtainable... considering jenson was pumping out quickish times...
    one stage it was BAR 2nd and 3rd...

then again the mclaren car is no slouch either...

(btw 3 pages in the space of 1 night... we're gonna need a new thread jason by the time barcelona comes around )

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Everyone will have to agree that Schumacher had the fastest car last night.
    I was shocked/surprised/amazed at his overtaking Button to be honest. I just didn't see it coming, maybe that's why. And it was a remarkable action.

However, when he caught up with Alonso, I thought he would've been able to pull it off. So, pretty disappointing that he didn't manage to overtake Alonso.
    It looked like he had a couple of chances to, but then again, I can understand that it may not be as easy as it looks or sounds.

But it was without a doubt a pretty entertaining race.

I'm glad Button managed a podium to give BAR Honda some points. I also wish BAR Honda to be in the top 3 this season, if not 2nd like last year or even better 1st!

Does anybody know where I can watch the press interview from last night? I dozed off while waiting for it to come on.

I think U gotat Congrat Alonso, having a car about 1 second slower than the Ferrari but being able to hold off MS. But saying MS took no risks well, he did cat and mkouse tactics trying everything to throw Alonso off the racing line (which he did), but still wasnt able to pass because of the grip of the Renault and acceleration out of the corners. Alonso was smart at points slowing the ferrari right down mid corner to really get the advantage of acceleration which was what the renault did better.

Kenshin, Sato did the best he could for the team and 5th was a great result, u gotta keep in perspective that he lost a huge amount of time being stuck behind jarno trulli in the mid part of the race.

As for kimi being not up there, do u guys know something i missed? I never heard them actually say he was running light... or are you guys assuming?

I'm just guessing that Kimi was running light, mainly because he was 2 seconds quicker then Alonso on the first lap.

Toe go here to read conference
    http://www.formula1.com/news/2912.html