Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX

CRX and Greddy Emanage ECU - work well?

hey all..

just recently I noticed an ad in the Hot4s that for $599 + Options we can get a Greddy EMANAGE Ecu...

having a fairly stock CRX, with a set of Camgears on the way and later on down the road hopefully a set of decent Cams...

I was under the impression a VAFC would sort my management just fine. But lately i've been hearing mixed views, VAFC won't work, SAFC wont work - so what ECU can i get if I need to?

would a Greddy Emanage be sustainable enough for the cars management? Im not getting lumpy cams - only mild or semi mild...

any advice would be appreciated

Mike
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    i purchased myself one of these units and they do wonders. all i have is a pod and extractors. it should be ok with the applictions you are doing as they can be used for boost applications too

Member Array
    Car:
    is it something you can install yourself or better have install done and tuned by a professional?

its a little more costly than a VAFC without any options.... is it worth the money tho or would I be better just getting a VAFC?

Ignition Timing module is $80 on top of the $599 for the ECU.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    either way Mike, you dont need a VAFC as your D16 isnt vtec, so a safc would be the choice instead of that. only thing is these only work for WOT and only adjust fuel.

an emanage would be far better as they can adjust ignition and also have a 16x16 fuel map if you get the injector harness. but, you need to find someone in perth who has the tuning software and has the experience in tuning these. i think speedworks may tune these

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    but u dont get the blingy blue screen!: (

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    thats ok. just get a RSM to look at

Member Array
    i hade a contact install mine and i bought it from here with the harnesses so it cost me less. try and find a 2nd hand one or ebay, but make sure they've cleared the old settings!

Member Array
    Car:
    how do i do that?

i need to find an installer/tuner in perth...

Member Array
    that'd be ur best bet

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    give speedworks a buzz Mike. i think they tune them

Member Array
    Car:
    Yup - i called Speedworks and called Cypher.
    Speedworks install and tune them, Cypher can but they don't do them...

Generally the idea of ECUs retuning even with VAFC apparently is only half true.
    when Idling a car runs off the stock ECU maps, but when you floor it it VAFC takes over. and according to Cypher the ECU doesn't get retuned just runs as above. So i guess its half half.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    yeah pretty sure piggy backs on hondas only work at WOT.

i'm sure one of the more knowledgeable lads can clarify this.
    anyway, Autronics do a basically re-chipped unit for hondas that is plug and play and is apparently tunable - ignition, fuel and more.
    anyone know much about these?