Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

Advice on Interior Neon for EK4

I'm afraid i caught the rice bug after scoping out a mate's car... its VERY blingy i know, but i cant get outta the idea of having blue neon lights inside the 4 footwells and around the centre dash...plus a blue moon dash... hahahaha lightshow i knwo

yes i know it is VERY VERY blingy, rice and an offense to JDM, but i couldnt care less...

Just wanted to ask u guys tho, with all these electronics going into my car, will i experience any problems iwth the electrical system crapping out? will it affect power output eventually cos of the "drain">

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    No its not:
    a) bling, because most up market cars have similar lighting
    b) a problem to run them. I have 9 interior neons with no stress, 6 off of the ciggy lighter.

There is no big "drain" on power because neons draw very little current, they only have a high voltage.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    as long as u dun keep them on for long time when car is not started... i dun see any probs.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    PS why stress about the whole "JDM" bullshit? Its your ****ing car, Neons placed in the right spots actually look really clean. Just dont go over the top and it will look nice. You want a subtle glow, not a christmas tree!

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    You can leave them on as long as you want, they draw 0.5amp. You will notice they glow brighter when the engines running but thats due to the volt difference with the alternator operating.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    cheers mate thianks for the advice... i think i wanna get them professionally done tho...dont want a 6 way cigarette switch on my dash... planning to wire the footwells so that they come on when a door is open... and the dash ones coming on once hte car is started... i dont think i want the footwells on on during driving hto

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    yeah thats the way a mate has done it... his old car was hooked up to the power window's so they would switch on when the car was unlocked. Its all pretty easy to do. just a little snippity snip.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    cool... i'm buying the neons tomorrow : )

anyone know hwere i can get a moondash for cheap? on Ebay.USA they go for like 15 bucks Australian DOllars... but they are alll Miles/PHr reading...

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail

ive posted this thing up so many times LOL
    yeh man, neons look really good wen installed rite - not tacky at all!!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."