Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas

WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Clutch Fluid Change

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, OzHonda nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To change clutch fluid on my eg5 HB.

Time: 10min

Required:
    - 8mm Ring Spanner/Ratchet
    - Bleeder Tool
    - DOT 4 Fluid ( OEM honda brake fluid is fine )
    - Old Fluid Container

Info:
    Um this much be the easiest fluid change to do on your car, yes even easier than the window washer fluid LOL. give it a go, u car actually might need it doin. well mine does, been at LEAST 90 000ks on same fluid!

Step 1:
    Ok pop bonnet. Take off Clutch fluid resevoir and feast and the soya sauce that is ur clutch fluid!!! lol Then remove the lil bleed nipple cover, and attatch bleeding tool line. (located near ur exhaust mani btw)

Step 2:
    OK heres the tricky bit lol, undo bleed nipple and start pumping! make sure the resevoir doesnt get to low as to let air into the system, keep topping it up. Keep pumping until the resevoir is cleaner and all bubbles and contaminants are out of the system and in your container.

Step 3:
    Ok tighten nipple, remove bottle of poop, reinstall cover. Wipe under the resevoir cap and reinstall. now jump in your car and check the pedal is firm.

Your done.

Here is what came out of my car.

ok the point of this is relatively small but its does get rid of any air, contaminants and moisture. I found my pedal slightly firmer, i havent driven it yet but i imagine not much of a differnce in performance BUT least i know now its changed and it gives me peace of mind, which is justification enough for me.
    Last edited by egSi; 11-05-2005 at 01:17 PM.
    oh wrd!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    That shit is dirty LOL!

Nice writeup
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

hahah sick mofo. Anyway i ahve done this to by eg civic before i felt the clutch padel was a little firmer. but the benifit i found was gear changing seems a little smoother.

for the amount of time and money u got to spend doing this i think it worth it big time.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    Where do u get the bleeder tool from?? And can it be used for the brakes as well?? Oh yeah and how much do these cost??

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    thanks for ur comments guys, im very happy with my 'de-soya soucing' of the resevoir LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tegstar83
    Where do u get the bleeder tool from?? And can it be used for the brakes as well?? Oh yeah and how much do these cost??
    mate this tool is the shit!!! 1 person fluid changes own! LOL

ok $15.00 from super crap auto. and yes its for brakes too.

its called a "clutch and brake fluid bleeding tool' or something similar
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    Haha good one ....
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Banned Array
    Car:
    Crazy no more getting ppl to step on the brakeo, Im heading off to super crap then thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    **** from the first picture, I thought you where going to have a bigg session and start pullig some cones!!!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quick question: Is the fluid that you have removed meant to be that dark? I assume the new fluid is clear right, so why would there be such a dramatic change?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Banned Array
    Car:
    90XXX k's will do that to any fluid

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    lol thansk guys and steve wtf!
    stop watchin pizza world lol

and man fluid that comes out looks like soya souce, dot 4 fluid is yellowy stuff sorta a lil bit thicker than water but not as much as honey.

should be yellowy sorta
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    in STEP 2 you said, keep topping up.

but wont it run down new fluid in this way??? or keep topping up till it will start draining new fluid??