Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's

DIY Turbo Install on Civic

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: positive pressure in the intake system
    Tools: Lots of tools, to many to list, good tool box.

pre Turbo

STEP 1: Remove Front bumper, then remove front splash cover.

STEP 2: Jack car up securely, unclip oxygen sensor, remove exhaust down pipe, remove exhaust manifold shroud and exhaust manifold.

STEP 3: Remove condensor fan, and radiator overflow bottle, also remove radiator top mounting bracket.

STEP 4: Lift radiator out of the way, there is no need to disconnect the top or bottom hoses. Lift turbo and manifold up into the engine bay from the under side of the engine. (more room)

STEP 5: Tention down the manifold to spec and in sequence. Place radiator back into place, resecure top radiator top mount. Route turbo oil feed line to the rear of the block near oil filter, remove the oil pressure switch. Install a T piece, connect the turbo oil feed line. Install the oil pressure switch/sensor. (use thread tape)

STEP: 6 Remove intake tubing from throttle body, remove intake, remove the airbox, then remove the big ass resonator from under the RH fron head light, Undo the clamps that the red arrows point to, 1 tube to roccer cover. 2 coolant pipe to under throttle body 3 coolant pipe to head. (coolant flows between the two 2-3) .

STEP 7: Connect 8mm tubing to the turbo cooling lines (red arrows) and route them back to the clapms you undid above. undo the coolant tines one at a time and connect turbo lines in there place. Drain the engine oil and remove the sump. Time to connect the turbo oil return pipe to the sump (yellow arrow)

STEP 8: Drill a hole in the sump in the desired location to the diameter to the brass sleeve.

STEP 9: Weld the brass sleeve to the sump. Big thanks to Bill from A1 Mobile Radiators for his onsite welding.

STEP 10: Refit the sump, connect the turbo oil return line to sump. Connect the downpipe, and refit the O2 sensor, reconnect the rest of the exhaust up.

STEP 11: Fit intercooler

STEP 12: Connect turbo plumbing, In this case we have used rubber hosing, until proper tubing is custom made to also include the BOV.

Don't forget the IAT sensor

STEP 13: Cut the block

STEP 14: Install the air filter tubing. Run a tube from the roccer to the air filter tube.

STEP 15: Time to fit the electronic boost controller (GReddy). I mounted the actuator solenoid near the starter motor, below the dizzy, (look at the red arrows.) Ran the vacuum lines back to the turbo.

STEP 16: Fit the manifold pressure sensor (MAP) for the boost controller on the fire wall and tap into the fuel pressure regulator.

STEP 17: Route wires back to the under dash area. Wire up Greddy to power, earth, and tacho. Connect pressure sensor and solenoid.

STEP 18: Change the Oil filter and refill Engine Oil

Run the car till it reaches operating temp, check for oil and coolant leaks. Thats pretty much it for now. Soon I will be installing RC 550 cc injectors, and fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump. After the intake rubber piping has been replaced and the BOV installed the car is off for a tune on the DYNO.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 08-05-2014 at 01:29 PM.

DIY Turbo Install on Civic

Nice work ECU-MAN...wish i can do it to my car someday...

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah same here
    I would have loved to install this in my CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    that is one awesome writeup ECU-MAN... props to you for ur pics and detailed description..

some COONS gotta be driving this...

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    ooooooooo looks like someones wallets a lot lighter now

nice job ... remind me to leave my car at your place next time john haha

Car:
    twin GX160's
    , any time

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Wooaaa......AWESOME work!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

christ! Nice work mate! Great read very beneficial, hopefully me one day...
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    nice ecu-man! an nice write up...!!
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    awesome man, good work

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Thats one of the best detailed DIY ive seen so far, well done...

Clarkey

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    nice write up, how long did the install take ya?