Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    i think the world land speed record was held there... n thats lik 1000kmph+...
    so it would HAVE to be flat if u plan on going those speeds...

"...Michael Schumacher would just blow him away..." lolz pretty strong words there from Eddie

The Button-Ferrari rumour
    Not Jenson but Kimi claims Irvine

Where next for Jenson Button?
    The lead up to the British Grand Prix last Sunday was always going to be all about home-favourite Jenson Button and on cue the Daily Mirror newspaper reported that Jenson Button could be on his way to not Williams, but Ferrari.

The thinking behind the speculation is that Rubens Barrichello could be on his way from Ferrari at the end of the season despite his contract running to the end of the 2006 season. Jenson Button, looking for a new seat, could slot into Barrichello’s number two Ferrari role. Not according to former Schumacher team-mate Eddie Irvine.

“Any suggestion Jenson will go to Ferrari next season is laughable,” Irvine told The Sun newspaper earlier this week. "Michael Schumacher would just blow him away. And that would not be a great career move. Anyway, Ferrari are not interested in Jenson. The man they really have their eye on is McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen."

Certainly Ferrari boss Jean Todt has never his admiration for Raikkonen while McLaren Mercedes are more than keen to hold onto the services of the Finn.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Yes, but those cars are designed for the salt flats. F1s are designed for the racetrack. Well, I assume the tyres will handle it. Seems to me like a pretty abbrasive surface but what do I know. And I assume there wont be too much dust choking up the engine.

Push to pass coming to Formula One?
    Regenerative braking system the key for 2008

Passing for position in recent races has been
    confined to the starts and the pit stops.
    Back in 1998, one team was developing a device to generate extra engine power from the heat produced during braking. Back then, the FIA vetoed the innovation. Now, however, the idea could be adopted to improve the spectacle in Formula One and enable more overtaking. FIA president Max Mosley is in favour of this, and so are the manufacturers.

Mosley suggests the introduction of regenerative braking systems, whereby heat generated under hard braking would be stored up in a battery to give the drivers an instant extra 60 horsepower for around five seconds, would improve the racing by enhancing overtaking opportunities. The drivers could use this increased power by pushing a 'boost button'. A similar system is already being used in the Champ Car World Series.

In Champ Car, the 'push to pass' or 'power to pass' system is controlled by increasing the turbo boost at the touch of a button for a maximum of 60-seconds during a race, taking and refining an idea first used by Formula Palmer Audi some years ago. The push to pass system has worked well in Champ Car for drivers both defending their position and trying to make a pass on the car in front.

Clearly overtaking is one of the issues that needs to be addressed in Formula One, after a survey carried out by the FIA revealed that more than 90 percent of race fans want to see more cars passing each other. The British Grand Prix last Sunday saw little passing save the start of the race off the line with drivers' all focusing on making 'passing' manoeuvres during the pits stops. Push to pass in Formula One along with massive changes to the aero-characteristics of the modern chassis are long overdue.

E.A.
    Source WilliamsF1
    imo i think this is a really good idea...
    but how does it work? will there be a separate electric motor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    I hope it doesnt mean reintroduction of turbos....gotta think of another way to implement it

There is a mechanical genious on site at my work, and he is German.
    He loves football (soccer) and F1.

He told me something interesting today, he said:

He was watching some German TV and they had a 5 series BMW new kind, and this years BMW F1 in Monaco aero.
    Now the test was F1 car let go of accelerator and BMW car braked.
    The F1 car stopped quicker with the Monaco aero and no brakes then the BMW car braked.

I'm not sure what the speeds where, but the F1 car was going over 150km/h that I can remember.

Interesting I think so!

Oh and Jenson will go to Williams or stay at BARHonda.

On a quick Side note, and this matters becuase both manufactures are in F1

Mercedes-Benz AMG introduces world's most powerful naturally aspirated V8

Stuttgart, Germany - Mercedes-Benz AMG division unveiled a new 6.3-litre V8 engine that is claimed to be the world's most powerful naturally aspirated eight-cylinder production engine. It combines high-revving performance with a large displacement. Developed entirely by AMG, it generates an output of 510 hp at 6800 rpm. Thanks to its large displacement, the V8 by AMG develops around 20 percent more torque than comparable naturally aspirated engines in this performance class.

Made completely from high-strength aluminum, this naturally aspirated V8 engine has features derived from motorsport. Together with a variable intake manifold featuring two integral throttle flaps, the vertical arrangement of the intake and exhaust ducts ensures perfect cylinder charging. Bucket tappets in the cylinder heads allow a stiff valve train and therefore high engine speeds. Variable camshaft adjustment, a particularly rigid closed-deck crankcase and cylinder walls with a new, revolutionary LDS coating are further attributes of this V8 engine.

The new AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine will soon be available in a new high-performance AMG car.

Source: http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/050714-1.htm

In parallel with the road and racetrack trials in various test vehicles, the new AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine was subjected to rigorous tests on the ultra-modern dynamic test benches at AMG; these can accommodate engines with an output of more than 735 kW/1000 hp.

Oh and this because it makes me feel warm inside.

Layout: Mid-Engine/RWD
    Transmission: 6-Speed Manual/Tiptronic
    Engine Type: V8
    Displacement: 4308 cc
    Horsepower: 531 bhp @ 8500 rpm
    Redline: 8500 rpm