Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA

euro and mazda 6

trying to sell a luxury sport mazda 6 for a friend and it has really made me realise just how good the euro is......my euro rides much better,feels more upmarket,has more power,the doors are heavier and close with a thud,even the windows winding down feel more refined in the honda and the interior just doesnt compare.......what do you guys reckon?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I drove the Six and the Euro before I decided. The Euro won hands down the finish is so much better and is way more refined. The six has an under powered engine. And value for money give me the Euro any day by comparison. My thoughts anyway....
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Yep I agree totally. The whole time I was driving the six u kept throwing back to the Euro going, bah. Why am I driving this? I want to get out and go back to honda and drive the Euro . Its not a bad car by any means. I didnt mind the handling, but it wasnt as powerful, or anywhere near as refined as the euro. Only women and men with three children are going to defend their decision to go for the mazda six.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Speaking of Mazda 6s - I was looking at the Mazda site in relation to the new MPS - 190kw, 380NM yada yada yada:

http://www.mazda6mps.com.au/articleZ...cleZoneID=3426

Now - ponder this quote - Acceleration from 80-120 km/h: 5.3 seconds (Under Mazda test conditions)

Now - look at this:

http://motoring.nzoom.com/cda/printa...211355,00.html

Look at the time they get for the Euro 80-120kph - 5.04.

Very, very interesting. I have definately noticed that in gear above 60kph - the Euro performs quite nicely compared to many other cars you would expect to be much faster.
    Last edited by yfin; 27-05-2005 at 10:30 PM.

I know most of you have compare the Mazda 6 to the Euro, but has anyone drove the Subaru Liberty 2.5? I had a drive of the Liberty, in terms of driving, handleing, quietness. I reckon it drives a little be better than the Euro. The Liberty only has 120kw or something, but it feels a quicker car.
    I was actually quite suprise how well they were built.
    The reason why I bought the Euro was because I always wanted one. It has HID headlights, audio control and most importantly the rear legroom and bootspace. Prices is about the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EURO R CL9
    I know most of you have compare the Mazda 6 to the Euro, but has anyone drove the Subaru Liberty 2.5? I had a drive of the Liberty, in terms of driving, handleing, quietness. I reckon it drives a little be better than the Euro. The Liberty only has 120kw or something, but it feels a quicker car.
    The reason why I bought the Euro was because I always wanted one. It has HID headlights, audio control and most importantly the rear legroom and bootspace. Prices is about the same.
    I drove that model - it did not feel powerful to me. The manual liberty is a 9.5 second car and I definately felt the power drop coming from a test drive in the Euro.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Speaking of Mazda 6s - I was looking at the Mazda site in relation to the new MPS - 190kw, 380NM yada yada yada:

http://www.mazda6mps.com.au/articleZ...cleZoneID=3426

Now - ponder this quote - Acceleration from 80-120 km/h: 5.3 seconds (Under Mazda test conditions)

Now - look at this:

http://motoring.nzoom.com/cda/printa...211355,00.html

Look at the time they get for the Euro 80-120kph - 5.04.

Very, very interesting. I have definately noticed that in gear above 60kph - the Euro performs quite nicely compared to many other cars you would expect to be much faster.
    Mazda test condition must have not been anywhere close the redline when shifting LOL
    The test must be very different between the two. need to have an independent test on the Mazda MPS.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77
    Mazda test condition must have not been anywhere close the redline when shifting LOL
    The test must be very different between the two. need to have an independent test on the Mazda MPS.
    How can you make the test "very different"? It is not a test that requires a launch from standstill and impacted by different clutch techniques. It is in gear acceleration. Very easy to replicate. The only variable is the gear each car is in.

This doesn't really surprise me. There is a front wheel drive Saab Turbo (current model - Viggen?) that accelerates between 80-120 faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo. I kid you not - it was on Top Gear recently. But the same Saab would be convincingly killed in a 0-100 run with the Porsche (by a long way).

The flexibility of an engine depends on lots of things and peak kw and torque don't always tell the whole story when looking at in gear acceleration. The shape of the curve is important too - as well as how much power there is down low in rev range, etc.
    Last edited by yfin; 28-05-2005 at 12:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    I personally think the Mazda 6 is quite good, considering the price. You can get the luxury sports hatch, which has the works, for $38K drive away. Leather, Boss sound system (which is way better than the Euro system), body kit, foggies, sunroof. Just doesn't have the HID's, heated seats and rain sensing wipers that the Euro Lux have

To the bad points. Lack of feedback from steering, engine sounds a bit wheezy, like an electric motor, not quite as powerful (my auto Euro can keep up with a manual 6), and overall not as refined as the Euro. Also, Nighthawk Black Pearl is wayy better than the black the Mazda 6 has, haha, but they have the Snowflake White Pearl on their 6 now (was a JDM only colour, and the Jap RX8 has this colour too).

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by EURO R CL9
    drove the 2.5i and yes it is ver refined and well built but it is a slow ass car compred with the euro..btw the 6 luxury sport i have here is a very harsh sounding car....not very quite....or refined at all...quite bad actually after jumping out of my euro..

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by nEUROtic
    Only women and men with three children are going to defend their decision to go for the mazda six.
    pah no way....my wife didnt want the 6 at all.. hated them........but she wanted the euro straight away without even a test drive.......and we have 2 children...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    I definitely felt that too. Even my friend with XR8 commented that Euro pulls really hard in 2nd or 3rd gear while doing around 70-80kph.