Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[Euro] Hard Starting Problem

Hi All,

Ive had my Euro for 6 months now and once in a while it struggles to start. When i took it into service Honda said that if its intermitent they cant do anything, after the service it stoped doing it but now is. It just doesnt want to turn over then after a few seconds its turns on,

Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by Ferrarista; 13-06-2005 at 07:02 PM.
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    sorry no....never had any probs with starting...might be just a minor issue though.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    yes i have experianced this too

I just put it down to the fact my car only gets driven 1 week out of 3.

I have not mentioned anything to the service guys
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by PERTH_EURO
    yes i have experianced this too

I just put it down to the fact my car only gets driven 1 week out of 3.

I have not mentioned anything to the service guys
    Ah ok, well so far ive nearly done 20,000kms in 6 months, i do alot of driving because im a rep and it still does it. Weird
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Do you wait a few seconds in the key-turn stage II? It primes up the fuel pump first... THEN turn to stage III which turns the engine.

EDIT: wouldn't hurt to step on the gas a bit too when cranking too if it still doesn't like to start

I'm going to get my car service this friday and I told to the tech. and they said that the car will start a few sec if the green key is still on cos it need to build up the pressure. so next time check for the green key to go off first before you start the engin.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah i guess so, it makes scence. Pumping the gas wont make a difference because its EFI.

Its just that, i never had a problem like that with any of my Bimers. I'll watch out for it and see if im doing anything wrong. Usually, i put the key and turn on straight away - maybe thats why its happening.

Green key? I think its the immobiliser... after a few kicks, it disengages and allows the car to start. Nothing uncommon. happens in most WRXs but they ahve a crunching sort of sound when you turn the key.

Only probs i had when i turn and stop just before its about to fire... then it takes sometime for it to start after that. Probably waits for the gases to clear before trying to ignite again.

My 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    Hi All,

Ive had my Euro for 6 months now and once in a while it struggles to start. When i took it into service Honda said that if its intermitent they cant do anything, after the service it stoped doing it but now is. It just doesnt want to turn over then after a few seconds its turns on,

Anyone else experience this?
    is yours an auto car? the current civic has a slight problem with the auto transmission, in that the gearbox does not sensed that it is in 'P' properly. I'm not too sure if it will affect the auto euro.

does it click when you turn the key? if it clicks but doesn't turn, your starter plunger is going, but no current is going thru. might be a bad starter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    does it click when you turn the key? if it clicks but doesn't turn, your starter plunger is going, but no current is going thru. might be a bad starter.
    Its a manual.

Its turns, but needs a few winds before it kicks in.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    With my car, I find that sometimes the engine starts very weak.
    This only happens when the engine's already warmed up and never happens when I leave home for work. It never fails to start, but it can take a couple of seconds to start whereas when the engine's cold, it starts instantly.