Member Array
    Recently ,
    i was fooled by a use at ozhonda forum ..
    he showed interest on my parts and promised to give me money ..
    and seems to be very co-operate .. he said he would deposit money into my account. but after 3-4 days , money still did not go through.
    then I ask him to cancel the transfer .. and paid me cash .
    ok .. then , he SMS me that he would go to Sydney and will give me the money after he came back.
    however, he came back and never answer the phone .. when he heard my voice , he hanged up the phone .
    then , I SMS him again and ask him whether he still want or not .. but still no replies .
    drive me crazy .. reserve the parts for him for more than 2 weeks and the parts had geared off already .. as a result, I dun have car to drive now ...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    Feel free to post up the username of this user that stuffed you around!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    you have his account number, must be worth something....go to your bank and ask for money back from this accout, they might have a procedure for this sort of thing.... I dunno how it really works, but I have had it happen to a mate beofre and he got his money back....

Member Array
    a ozhonda forum member had been fooled by him b4 ..
    and he warned me for the sale with him..
    but I didn't care much as that buyer seem to be very nice.
    in somehow, it is funny that I SMS him and send him message through MSN while he is online , and ask him whether he is still interested to get the parts or not . but no reply !
    at first, we made a deal that I gear off the header after 2 weeks of the sale as my headers from overseas had not arrived yet..
    and then his friend said that he is interested and asked me to gear off for him .. ok ! then , I said you need to notify your friend .. he said it should not be a problem . afterthen, he asked me to gear off the header ASAP and he said he had booked a time at his mechanics to install the header.
    alrite then, I left my car at my mechanics place and gear off the header .. however, his friend did not come to my place and give me the money .. and my car cannot be drove now !!!! I need to wait for another week to get the parts from overseas .. as it is a waste of money to gear off the header and put in the stock one ... and then do that over again .. NOW , I dunno what to do .. hence , need to find the buyer again .. and especially I have no car to drive around .. I should not trust the words to gear off the header .. shit . .. give out the name of the user is not important , I think that buyer need to reflect himself ... also , they are using difference user name on the forum . I do hope I misunderstand that buyer hanged up phone or the no reply action .. really upset wih the behavior . buy or not is not important but should not ask me to reserve and gear off for them if they have no intention to buy.
    I could like to keep this topic on and share the experience of the buy and sell stuffs ..

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    PM the names to Rowie he can find IPs, then... contact ISP.... tell them.... I have done that before, amazing how people do what you want then

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    PM sent

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Lets keep username's out of this for the moment.

I found it a bit hard to understand exactly what happened but it seems like you were expecting payment and didn't get it. Its important to always be weary of people you are dealing with no matter how nice they sound. When buying selling items anywhere (not just on forums) you should be carefull and the general rule is to not trust the other person for your own sake.

We will be looking into this further and one option is to find out who else a particular seller has dealt with and to get in touch with them to see if he/she is reputable or not. We might also be looking at implementing some kind of "Vendor Verdicts" forum or such for people to share their thoughts.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    By the way, if no money/goods were exchanged there is no requirement to call the police. But as the Terms and Conditions clearly state, it is upto the users involved to get all the relevant information.

It is YOUR responsibility to get all details of the buyer/seller such as name, address, phone number, email address etc such that you can get in contact with him/her if he/she is not contactable via the OzHonda forums. It is also your responsibility to obtain all the necessary information if there is a situation where an official complaint to the police needs to be made. In such a situation, OzHonda will provide the relevant authorities with the required information (such as IP address, posting date/time etc) on request.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Win, i think a vouching system is great. Perhaps there should be a sticky or subsection thread in the "For Sale" section? That way OH forumers have some sort of assurance when purchasing/selling items.
    There must be some organised way we can do it without getting too messy...
    and without allowing dodgy users resigning up many times over and vouching for themselves.....
    get to it man! hehe...

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I've seen somewhere in another forum where each user can have some sort of a trading rating. I think that would help.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

I think if they have done something bad, they should be black listed..
    But always give them a chance to explain themselves!

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    pls add user 'Mocchi' to this list

he promised to sell me a set of floor matts but after i sent him the money he stopped replying to my messages and then finally after 3 weeks of waiting he sends me a package with only one 1 of the floor matts and also a dirty sock and a handwritten note saying 'lol'
    part time potato