Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyf1
    OK let me get clarify this, some models of the 4th gen has 4WS but the 5th gens do not come with 4WS?

My 5Th Gen owner's manual contains a section for 4WS and ATTS but both say "for some models"

When driving my 97 prelude vtir (not an ATTS) I can sense an artificial oversteer when depressing the accelerator around a corner and a lack to torque steer (a vast contrast to my understeering teg vtir) which is unusual for a heavy front wheel drive car. I have also read in these forums that some 5th gens have an LSD.

My car feels like it has both an LSD and 4WS. is this possible? or is it just a more refined chassis and suspension system?
    4WS on the 5th gens were only available in Japan. So if you did have one it would have to be a JDM import. A simple test would be to turn the ignition on and look for a 4WS light in the dash, switch on the engine and turn the steering wheel lock to lock, the rear wheels should steer.

Australian 5th Gens didn't come with LSD. The 5th gen is a naturally good handling chassis, it turns in well and puts the power down out of corners well. The body shell is quite a lot stronger than any of the other generations in terms of bending and torsional resistance. This adds to the feel of refinement and sharp handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyf1
    OK let me get clarify this, some models of the 4th gen has 4WS but the 5th gens do not come with 4WS?

My 5Th Gen owner's manual contains a section for 4WS and ATTS but both say "for some models"

When driving my 97 prelude vtir (not an ATTS) I can sense an artificial oversteer when depressing the accelerator around a corner and a lack to torque steer (a vast contrast to my understeering teg vtir) which is unusual for a heavy front wheel drive car. I have also read in these forums that some 5th gens have an LSD.

My car feels like it has both an LSD and 4WS. is this possible? or is it just a more refined chassis and suspension system?

check the barcode sticker on the tranny housing and deciphering the code will tell you if u have LSD. the first 4 digits will say M2B4 if its LSD. Another way is jack up the front of the car until both wheels are off the ground. spin one of the wheels with your hand and if the other wheel turns in sync you have LSD.

having said this, i highly doubt you have an LSD or 4WS as your lude is an AUDM delivered car.

the 5th gen ludes do steer pretty well, so your new found handling it's likely thats all you are feeling.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Formula Red AP1 S2000
    thanks for the input. i release now how understeery my integra was.....OMG
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    if a jdm prelude is already registered in vic would there be any problems if i was to buy one now??...

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    depends on if it has really legal compliance plates. but, it's not part of the sevs scheme.

so I'd say it's not really a) registered properly b) he's telling you bullshit.

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    its a 1994 jdm prelude auto with vtec......his got the yellow compliance plate saying that its a personal import and stuff...its registered and all he said his had it for more the 6 yrz buh didnt import it himself??....if u imported a car before the sevs its ok yerr??

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    should be. just call vicroads to get a more definitive answer.

maybe get more details of the compliance plate and whats stamped on the actual VIN number plate of the chassis compared to what its registered as.

vtec and non vtec

i got my 4th Gen Prelude for $5000 off a wholesaler. make sure you check the auctions and wholesalers too.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    dude this thread started like last year, he already has his red 4th gen and has for i would say a year. lol

good point!

closed.. pm me if there is any reason to reopen this.