Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

F1 Discussoin thread

The other one got abit too big, so I started a new one.
    Please continue about how good Michael Schumacher is!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    You spelt discussion wrong. So Michael Schumacher sucks!

HA HA HA, I can't spell.
    Schumacher does not suck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Also with what you said about the BMW m5 and the f1 bmw, the BMW m5 has a ****load more momentum, and hence would require more stopping power. The fact that the f1 car braked faster only proves how heavy the m5 is. To get the m5 to the same speed as the f1 car requires a lot more force, and hence requires a lot more force to stop.

Its in principia mathematica people!!!!!

*Technical Difficulties*

The BMW road car wasn't going as fast as the F1 car.
    Also, aero alone no brakes stopping an F1 car quicker is something you can tell the bogans at the V8s.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    had to be some brakes. Aero is more effective at high speeds. The car from say 150-25 decelaration woulda been insanely quick. But from 25-0 there is very little aero, so it wouldnt have done the car a lot of good. I spose there the fatness of the f1 tyres come into play.

He said something about Monaco aero spec is heaps different compared to others. I'm trying to find it on the net now.

damn those bogans!!!
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    The M5 is a big car and has BIG brakes!! Those things can stop! I'm surprised the F1 slowed quicker, even in Monaco trim. Just goes to show how much aero they are running.

EDIT: As an afterthought, there's also a lot of internal resistance in an F1 engine at 18000RPM. I'm sure alot of the stopping power is coming from engine braking.
    Last edited by Vivski; 17-07-2005 at 12:22 PM.

sure does, I remember Bahrain this year I think? Webber locked his rear's a couple of times because of a gear box problem which resulted in him solely relying on brakes, or am I hulusinating again?
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

more on the Button saga

New 'Button-gate' to rev up

(GMM) A new and ironic tug-of-war between BAR and Williams may be set to emerge over F1 ace Jenson Button.

Last year, 25-year-old JB - ultimately thwarted by the contract recognition board - wanted to leave BAR and re-join Sir Frank Williams' ranks.

This time around, though, Williams appears to have the contractual hold on Button for 2006, who - paradoxically - now wants to stay at BAR because Grove lack a works engine.

Part Honda-owned BAR has reportedly offered the English driver a huge salary and five year deal because it cannot meet a performance clause, but Williams appear intent on exercising their option.

The compromise, perhaps, might be a V8 deal between Williams and Honda -- with JB, allowed to stay at BAR, a sweetener.

''Rest assured,'' BAR 'CEO' Nick Fry told the Daily Telegraph last week, ''we will try to give Jenson what he wants -- and what we want.''

If you ask Jenson's F1 mate David Coulthard, though, he senses real goings on between JB and world champion team Ferrari.

''My gut feeling,'' the Scot told Glasgow's Daily Record, ''is something is happening that they are unable to announce for whatever reason.''

He won't go to Ferrari.
    Its just like the rumor when Mika is coming back.

Anyone got F1 2005 on PS2?
    I'm so hooked on it.
    Best F1 game they have brought out, actually steers correctly unlike any other F1 game