Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    hyundai and kumho want to be in F1?
    hahahahahahahah

well i want to see mazda or nissan in F1 GP though
    Last edited by TwEigh; 27-07-2005 at 03:16 PM.

nissan is renault so I dont see them coming in . Id love to see Hyundai in there, they have come so far recently and the sales boost it would provide once people realise that
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Button states his position on staying at BAR
    BAR Vs Williams set to roll again

Button's contracts making the headlines
    in F1 again in 2005
    Jenson Button has gone on record again stating that he wants to remain with the BAR Honda squad next season as the outfit give him the best chance of ultimately fulfilling his dream of becoming F1 Champion.

Just a year ago the British driver was saying the same things about BMW Williams and hoped to join them for the current season. Despite wanting to drive for the Grove-based team, Button was forced to remain with BAR after a long drawn out saga involving the Contracts Recognition Board.

One year on and it’s a complete about turn, only this time it seems that Williams is the team with Jenson Button’s signature on a contract for 2006 and so far shown no sign of doing anything but holding Button to his contract with the team.

"I can understand Williams's situation, but Frank has to understand mine as well,” Button told Autosport. “To be competitive next year, any team has to be with a manufacturer that is fully involved. The position has changed a lot with Williams from last year. A racing drivers' career is short, so you have to make the best you can of it."

So with Williams still not having announced an engine deal for the 2006 season, Button believes that BAR represents his best opportunity.

"Honda buying in was a major part of me wanting to stay," Button stated. "It shows how serious they are about winning the World Championship. This is a big decision for me. It's not simply that I am changing my mind from year-to-year."

Williams will not have forgotten the shenanigans of 12-months ago, plus BAR’s refusal to allow test driver Anthony Davidson a contract release to race with the squad this year. It therefore seems unlikely that they will release Button from his contract with the team with any blessings.
    f1live.com

Good news, I like his first quote, he has a great outlook on it
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    good news, but fire nick fry plz, he looks dodgy
    and bring back David Richards

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    DR looks like he is gonna take over hyundai team if they buy samsung.

BAR blew up the relationship with Dave Richards (idiots)
    This could harm Jenson for finding future drives I think, He is always on the back foot never committing, even though I do understand what he is saying!

I heard today 5 of the 7 Michelin teams are in talks with Bridgestone for 2006. They are pissed about the US GP and I think McLaren and Renault getting extra attention I reckon.
    Unfortunatly, It didn't say which 5 teams they were

WHo cares about Hyundai, I want VW F1 team, they just bought Proton and they just made the new Audi W12, bring on F1 VW

Although a year ago Jenson Button would’ve done almost anything to rejoin Williams, he’s made it clear that he now wants nothing less, even going as far as to offer them £2 million to release him from his deal.

Button is once again in the midst of a contractual saga involving BAR and Williams as both teams want him to drive for them in 2006. Button, though, wants to stay with BAR because he believes they can realise his dream of being crowned F1’s World Champion.

And unfortunately for the 25-year-old it’s the other team who have his signature on a deal for next season.

He is, however, eager for Sir Frank Williams to let him out of the contract – and if words of reason don’t work, he’s willing to pay £2 million from his own pocket to help smooth the path.

“I want to be at BAR-Honda next year. I have spoken to Frank, I have spoken to him quite a bit about the situation and I am sure he will understand the reasons for me wanting to stay,” Button told The Times.

“I think a lot of people will understand. I hope the public will understand. I am sure the British public want a British driver in a team that can challenge for the World Championship.”

“I think we can find a solution and I think we have to — it would be better for everyone involved. I can’t say that it wasn’t my fault, I have to take the criticism, really. Maybe I should have read the small print, but a lot has changed and people can see that and why I want to stay at BAR.”

“I just want to be World Champion and the team to do that with will be BAR, I am sure of that, with the backing and commitment of Honda.”

The BAR driver is also hoping Sir Frank will see reason and realise having a driver who doesn’t want to be there will hinder and not help the team.

“I really can’t see why a team would want a driver who is not happy or wants to be somewhere else. I can’t see a reason why any team would want that. If they want me for my driving, it would be strange if I wanted to be with someone else. And I think Frank wants the best for me.”

Frank Williams goes on the offensive
    'A deal is a deal. A contract is a contract'

Williams not backing down over Button's
    contract with the squad for 2006
    After signing a contract with Williams to race with the team in 2006, Jenson Button's enthusiasm for the deal has diminished in recent months and the British racer now wants to stay put at BAR Honda. The problem for him and the team is the contract he signed with Williams last summer which allegedly gives the Grove-based squad first option on his services in 2006.

With Button claiming the contract with Williams is 'not binding' and that a team would not want a driver to join the team unless he was happy to do so, Frank Williams has gone on the offensive, claiming Button has a watertight contract with his team, one that will be honoured.

"A deal is a deal. A contract is a contract. I must explain that to Jenson," Williams told the Telegraph newspaper. "I have always believed that a signature on a contract is basically underlining a man's word given in honour. We have a proper and correct contract in place that will stand up to any examination."

Williams is clearly less than impressed with the British driver's stance that he has a better chance of winning a title with BAR Honda then with Williams and also questions Button’s decision making process.

"This demonstrates that when a driver says, 'Sorry, I've changed my mind', every time it suits him, there will be chaos in the paddock," Williams continued. "Sponsors will know that some teams don't keep their word as given in signed contracts. The same applies to drivers. A deal is a deal..."

After the debacle of last summer, it seems we are set for another tedious repeat of Jenson Button's contractual dramas.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International
    f1live.com

I'm with Frank Williams on this.
    A deal is a deal, and if a team goes through a minor rough spot you can't just "change your mind" and say no no no I want to stay with BAR-Honda (who to me are going to be a great team next year)

You don't see Schumacher running after a seat at Renault or McLaren!

more on the button saga.....

as much as i'd like to see Button stay at BAR for next year, its not fair on Williams when they have a binding contract and suddenly the driver decides he doesnt wanna race for the team... would be nice if Williams agreed to get paid for not having him.. but ah well.... n rumour has it that Button him self personally offered Frank $3.5mil (i think US dollars not sure)

Button not for sale - Williams
    Williams admits Button could go to court

Button on his way to Williams for 2006?
    Sir Frank Williams said today in Hungary that Jenson Button will not be able to get out of his contract with Williams for next year at any price. Williams claims his team have a 'fully binding and straightforward contract' to take Button from BAR Honda for next season after their rival team failed to meet a performance clause that would allow him to stay.

Button signed the deal last year after failing in an original attempt to switch for this season but has since changed his mind and decided he wants to stay with his current team.

"It is very straightforward, clear to understand. Jenson is part of our equipment to help us come back and we have a proper and correct legal right to expect him to be here," said Williams. "Jenson is emphatically, in capital letters, not for sale. We are a serious racing team and we need him. There needs to be a clearer understanding of the word commitment and I think he could be better advised."

Button has lost interest in moving to Williams after seeing the team struggle this season and, more vitally, probably lose their works engine contract with German manufacturers BMW for next season.

BAR have a long-term agreement with Honda, who own 45 percent of the team, and Button believes that they will be able to push him towards his maiden Grand Prix win and eventual world championship success.

He said here Thursday that he thought the Williams contract was not binding and that Williams probably understood that he needs to do the best thing to further his career which he claimed would be to stay at BAR. But Williams does not agree.

"I recognise that where he presently is the team is doing well to very well but next season is all change for everyone because there will be new engine designs," said Williams. "The order will almost certainly shuffle. We are a strong team with a strong past but a weak present. But we have a strong commitment to the future, we are very well resourced, as well as any team, and we will be back. We require him to be here because he is part of our plan and many of our sponsorships are dedicated on his presence, we have promised. You have to have law and order everywhere, especially in Formula One. We have to change his mind. He was very keen seven months ago to come here and now it is different. I recognise that we have not covered ourselves in glory but we will be back, we always come back."

Williams gave Button his Grand Prix debut in 2000 and paid for certain rights to him until 2004, when the contract lapsed and they created a new multi-year deal which does not include any fees until he joins as a race driver. Williams said he has yet to meet Button face to face over the issue, but has spoken with the Briton by telephone and requested a meeting, for which he is awaiting a response.

The issue went to the Contract Recognitions Board last year, where BAR won an ugly battle with Williams over Button's services and Williams confirmed he will go there again if necessary this year.

"I wasn't surprised about this and he has every right to (go to court)," said Williams. "But we will defend our interests. Formula One doesn't need this, but we are going to fight for him."

Williams said the identity of their 2006 engine suppliers will be known within two weeks and confirmed they could still remain with current partners BMW.

German manufacturer BMW decided in June to take over Sauber in preparation for a full entry as a team in their own right in 2006, putting their relationship with Williams in doubt. "We will be signing one contract in the next fortnight at the very most," Williams stated. "BMW want us to stay for another year and they have asked us to stay for one more year."

E.A.
    Source AFP
    the 2nd to last sentence is interesting..........................

(GMM) One year ago, in Hungary, Jenson Button found a very icy reception in the BAR-Honda garage after announcing he wanted to drive for Williams in 2005.

Now, even the 25-year-old Briton can see the irony in wanting to jump out of a Williams contract to stay at BAR.

Spooked by Williams' loss of works BMW support, JB says Brackley is now his best bet for a swift world championship.

So much has his attitude changed, that Button is actually questioning the 'binding' nature of his Grove deal.

''We don't think the (Williams) contract is binding,'' he startlingly claimed.

Clearly, Sir Frank Williams - who brought Jenson into F1 in 2000 - is not amused. ''A deal is a deal,'' the Englishman rasped, before questioning the racer's 'honour.'

''There is no turning back for me. There would be chaos ... if drivers were allowed to ignore contracts when it suits them.''

Button, however, made it clear he is not prepared to fight fire with anything other than fire. He didn't even rule out point-blank refusing to drive Williams' car.

''I will fight this all the way,'' JB vowed
    Last edited by ^^v; 30-07-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Sato's seat in doubt for next season......

man its all happening at BAR... poor Sato.. a bit of bad luck and a poor performing car at the start of the season sees him be the only drive not to score points (excluding the new driver at Minardi).... personaly i'd like to see them give him one more year....

(GMM) Speculation is rife that Takuma Sato will be lucky to retain his BAR seat next year.

The Japanese, supported by team co-owner Honda, is frequently and comprehensively outpaced by teammate Jenson Button, and is the only '05 driver except Robert Doornbos to have failed to score a single point.

At the same time, names like Rubens Barrichello, Nick Heidfeld and Felipe Massa are all potentially on the move and both BAR and Honda might agree that another established star is a better bet.

''It's been a tough season, no doubt about it,'' said Sato, 28