View Poll Results: was webber out of line?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

3 23.08%
  • no!

4 30.77%
  • where is this "BAR"...and do they serve CUB or Tooheys??

6 46.15%
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Webber doubts BAR's test pace
    And praises Renault [09/02/04 - 17:04]

Mark Webber

ark Webber has cast doubt on BAR's stonking pace in pre-season testing.

Honda-powered stars Takuma Sato and Jenson Button devastated the old lap record in Barcelona last week but is their speed genuine, wonders the Australian ... ?

'If we're talking about podiums,' the Jaguar driver told local journalists during a teleconference, 'then BAR are probably more likely than Toyota.

'But I assure you BAR aren't where they are testing now, that's for sure.'

27-year-old Webber reinstated Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Renault as the 'top four' teams likely to share podiums, wins and the world championships in 2004.

'And Renault will be a lot closer than people think,' he hinted.

AUSSIE TO SLIP-ON BLUE OVERALLS?

Webber might even swap green overalls for a set of blue and yellow ones in the next few Formula One seasons, he let slip to the congregated reporters.

'First I have to perform, otherwise no-one will want me,' he laughed. 'Renault helped me get here, so we'll make the decision together. There are options.'

Sources confirmed that Renault has an option on the Aussie for 2007 and 2008.

Source GMM / CAPSIS International
    What a TOOL! ....BAR have already admitted that their fast runs coincided with low fuel levels...

He is just jealous because BAR will be knocking his beloved renault off the number 4 spot!

...never been more ashamed to be an aussie (ok...maybe a LITTLE exageration)

...lets see how webber and his cat do this year...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    dont believe everything you read. reporters are known to take things out of context and only quote what they think will be a good story, and leave out the bits in the middle.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    BAR will be nowhere.. run by a bad team, powered by a better engine, and the chassis will be their best... but it won't be a top 4 car this year.

Honda needs to buy out BAR, and call it Honda Racing... with their own team and management, only THEN wil honda own F1 again

...never been more ashamed to be an aussie (ok...maybe a LITTLE exageration)
    a certain petulant little tennis player springs to mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    rowie- yeah....your probs right

mcchok-im putting my money down on BAR taking the 4th spot.

ginga- soo true!

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    i dunno McChook, when Honda owned F1, they were engine manufacturer's for teams McLaren & Williams.

Those two teams go a long way.
    But, I'd love for it to be the standalone "Honda", for team/engine.

As for Webber, i think he wasn't out of line. Spices up the season, especially the first race.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    i don't think i'll ever get over a 4G civic hatch
    ---------------------------------------------------------