Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array

Cleaning Air Pod Filter

Has anyone tried cleaning Pod Filter using water? What's the alternative of cleaning air filters without needing to buy those K&N spray?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    wouldnt advise it but maybe try using some dishwashing liquid... Warm soapy water, scrub scub haha
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra *True* R
    Mate, just go to a service station and use the air pump.

Easy cleaning, no water/soap involved.
    For Sale: Sold

DO NOT under any circumstances use compressed air or water with high pressure to clean K&N filters. This WILL wreck the cotton weave of these types of filters.

Don't be a tight ass and get yourself a cleaning kit which includes the oil.

You are not just talking about wrecking the filter.... you are also giving the chance for the filter to not do its job and let crap enter into your engine.

If you have used up all the detergent and still have oil left...... you MAY try a dishwashing liquid quite diluted in a spray bottle. Again... I don't recommend it due to there possibly being some "caustic" nature to it. Do this at your own discretion. Neither I or Ozhonda take responsibility if your filter is rooted.

Best method to clean your filter...... use the detergent in a spray bottle and spray the "outside" of the filter well. Let sit for a good 5 to 10 mins. Then with a tap or hose with water vitually dribbling out wash out the filter from the inside out. This is important so as to dislodge crap and get it out. If you where to rinse from the outside in your are just forcing crap into the cotton weave. Again.... no high water pressure.

Let it dry by itself...... no hot air, pressurised air etc. Then oil .. with the emphasis on light coating..... don't soak the crap out of the cotton weave with oil.
    Last edited by SPEEDCORE; 21-08-2005 at 09:43 AM.
    DLUG Racing

degreaser is an alternative..then again you will might as well buy the cleaning kit cause it comes with the k&n spray oil

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo EG Sedan
    i cleaned my on the weekend
    makes the filter look new again, giving that redish color and of course cleaning the thing out

good investment iwould say! give ur car some clean air =]

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i got a bmc filter cleaning and oiling kit for $16 so not really expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    put in washing machine ? hehe i duno if that will work...

Member Array
    When i last cleaned my pod i used warm soapy water! works fine (Y)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    far out.. just buy the K&N kit for ~$20.. it will last you about 10 filter cleans !!!

not only does the kit come with a cleaning agent / de-greaser, but it comes with a tack-oil which traps the fine dirt that could penetrate the filter otherwise.

the tack-oil is dyed red so that you can see how evenly you re-apply the oil to the clean (grey) filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo EG Sedan
    yeah $20 is cheap ass...
    prolly one of the most healthiest/safest/mods you can do for ur car

Newcomer Array
    thanks for the advise peeps.......bought the K&N filter kit at autobarns, cost $25....i thought they'll cost alot :P. The kit did a great job, highly recommended.