Thread: exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!

exhaust

Ive been reading the forums, and from what i've seen, many people advise that using the stock piping is much better with an exhaust, then have the cat back exhaust?

Which is better?

Catback Exhaust

or

Exhaust with existing teg stock piping?

Also,
    Can anyone suggest any places in Sydney that can fit a cat back exhaust on a honda integra gsi 1998. I've rang Xforce and they've said they can't because theres no bolt on kits for my car.
    Last edited by bside; 23-09-2005 at 12:50 PM.

exhaust is a word which describes a system of tubing which extracts the burnt emmisions from your engine.
    cat back refers to the section of piping from the start of the cat, to the end of the car (with or without the muffler)

i think what you are reffering to when you say exhaust with existing teg stock piping you mean you want to put a muffler on the back of your stock exhaust.
    If this is the case i advise you not to, a change in note you will notice but very little or not at all.

With the gsi and vtir stock piping there is room for improvement , that is upgrade to stainless steel, mandrel bent tubing perhaps 1/4 inch thicker.

Now that you have a little more understanding please make use of the search function =D

Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!
    Thanks kousoku for the info.

I didn't want to tip of my muffler or anything like that.

actually what i was trying to say is that would it be better to...

put a new muffler on the existing piping,
    or
    put a cat back with new muffler.

definitely put a cat back with new muffler, and even change cat if you can afford it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    i gained hp with the bigger exhaust but lost torque.
    dont go bigger than 2" if your planning on staying N/A

Member Array
    Car:
    honda integra gsi 95
    adding a muffler to ur existing exhaust system wont improve performance, maybe just reduces the weight. and also ur car might even sound like a fart. i'll change the whole exhaust. i'm got 2.25" exhaust atm and has very good high end power.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc4 teg!
    thanks for the info guys.
    I rang Liverpool exhausts and they've quoted me $500 for 2.25" catback exhaust, which includes the piping, muffler and installation.
    I also rang Xforce but they don't do gsi's.
    what you guys think? know of any good places?

what you guys reckon for a greddy exhaust system for a honda integra 98 gsi for about $750 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    make sure the diameters are correct.
    i ve seen the hks system and it looks sweet its a 60mm diameter mandrel with ssteel res at bak and very large hotdog in the middle.
    i imagine the greddy would be same.
    go for it dude, custom may cheaper, but these systems are designed with hours of testing to make sure you gain the most out of ur engine.