Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1

Thumbs up My brake upgrade for my 1.3 Fit

Was decided on upgrading my stock 1.3 Fit brakes!
    Got 2 options staring right @ my face then;

1. Wilwood 4-pot brakes

2. Customized ("mix-and-match" combo using other Honda Civic parts)

The 1st option would cost me a bomb (looking @ abt S$1,600 w/installation), but the quality's really there! Parts comprised of; Steel braided Goodridge hoses, EBC green pads, 4 pots calipers, really BIG rotors!!

Whereas for the 2nd option, I'd be looking @ abt <S$700 for the whole mod.
    Was told that the following parts would be used for the upgrade; EK4 calipers + pads, EG (ESi) rotors.

For the mentioned opetions, there was no need to mod the existing Fit knuckle whatsoever.. All would be a direct bolt-on!

*Unless you're intending to use the EK4's rotors (or some hardcore ones out there, are even thinking of using the Prelude brakes!), else, no need to do any modding of the knuckles. *

*Point to take note*: If the Prelude or EK rotors are to be used, a min of @ least 4mm would need to be shaven off the brake calipers itself (Do it @ your own risks!), and the knuckles would need to be have an extra hole (once done, its permanent!) U can't change to the Wilwood kit then.

Hmm.. contemplated for a very long, long time.. Decided to go with the cheaper option 1st. Was told that the 4 pot would be too 'hardcore' for a small car for a Fit. A bit 'overkill'.. Even my mech advised me against doing it as I won't be tracking my car @ all..

Well.. Left my car overnight @ my mech's garage there for the upgrade. Went back in the early afternoon, and was pleased with the mod! Hee.. The main visual difference between the stock brakes, and the upgraded ones, are;

1. Bigger caliper (was told that the 'pot' is also bigger than the stock Fit's ones)
    2. Slightly bigger rotors (overall abt 1 inch increment when comparing the stock Fit's rotors & hte EG ESi's ones)

Opted for DON brake pads over the OEM pads too.
    Tested my car's brakes, and I've been grinning ever since! The braking distance, has been shortened by @ least 20%, this I can guarantee!

Also, E-braked my car @ an empty area just to have a feel of it, and I can safely say, that the brake upgrades are definitely worth every $$$ spent!!

The overall brake 'feel' is very much improved too!!
    If any of you guys are intending to upgrade your Jazz/Fit stock front brakes, perhaps you could consider this option.

Below are pics for your comparison between the stock & upgraded brakes:

My bros' stock Fit brakes;

My upgraded Fit brakes;

See any differences between the 2 setups?
    Last edited by MR Spyder; 24-09-2005 at 08:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    Interesting upgrade... I can't see you're pictures though?

hey spyder...just curious..are u going for a bigger power or just want bigger brakes for the sake of it?

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Any big issues with insurance since this is a mod after all?

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    mostly for look i can say
    but i will go for Dc2R cailper

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    mostly for look i can say
    but i will go for Dc2R cailper

but u said no different be4

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    i mean if i going to put a civic cailper in, i will put dc2r instead la stupid
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    i mean if i going to put a civic cailper in, i will put dc2r instead la stupid
    lol
    haha....
    EK4 not using 1715?

must we get it engineered?
    i assume we have to right?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Good stuuf MR Spyder...though it would be good if you can get the pics working...those red xs leave a lot to be desired!

Was always wondering what, if any, other Honda parts would bolt up to the Jazz/Fit.

Sounds like a good cheap alternative!

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    many bolt on kit to upgrade jazz brake nowaday
    and a bolt on disc kit will only cost you $500 nowaday which isnt too bad even you dun think it is needed
    you can get more info in Option mag which u can get one from chinatown

EK4 not using 1715?