Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    good choice i'd say... the whole up grade kit i think was a bit overkill considering the weight and other factors of your 1.3l JAZZ...
    having brakes too powerful can sometimes be bad things.... :S:S i lived in Gold coast once and heard this accident from my mate where a Skyline braked in emergency but even thought he stopped in time and the driveer wasn't hurt at all... the rear passanger flew and hitted front wind screen and got thrown out of the car....(note he had 8-pot caliper brake upgrade)...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    Also having unneccesarily large brakes adds to the unsprung weight of the car which is detremental to the cars overall handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by golfphunk
    hey spyder...just curious..are u going for a bigger power or just want bigger brakes for the sake of it?
    Hi.. I believe u misinterpreted my intention for upgrading my Fit's brakes. IMHO, the stock brakes suck big time! Had a minor accident when my brakes failed on me a couple of months back (around Jan)..

After that incident, I've been looking for ways to upgrade my brakes without spending too much, and yet, no need for major mods to the stock knuckles.

Thats why I went this way, bro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    mostly for look i can say
    but i will go for Dc2R cailper
    For looks, for perfomance.. opinions do differ. For me, I did it for safety.
    Hee.. Anyway, for DC2 calipers, need to mod my knuckles. My mech advised me against doing it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    Good stuuf MR Spyder...though it would be good if you can get the pics working...those red xs leave a lot to be desired!

Was always wondering what, if any, other Honda parts would bolt up to the Jazz/Fit.

Sounds like a good cheap alternative!
    Hmm.. how abt u access here for the pics (pics 20 & 21);
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2131668619

Other Honda parts definitely can bolt onto our Fit/Jazz. The only gripe (or rather, conduition) is; how much $$ are u willing to spend. For me, I was on a budget, and I wanted to try something new w/o any mojor mods to my existing knuckles.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon fit
    EK4 not using 1715?
    U HAVE to mod your stock knuckles in order to fit the EK4 brakes! Once u go there, u can't turn back.. aka; if your mech's not very confident in doing with the EK4 conversion, don't do it.
    *Visual impact wise, of course the EK4 calipers + rotors would look damn nice!!* Hee..

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    Just checked out the pics via the imagestation link. Great work. I'm impressed. Good size brake upgrade... looks a lot better than the stock brakes too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevti
    Just checked out the pics via the imagestation link. Great work. I'm impressed. Good size brake upgrade... looks a lot better than the stock brakes too.
    Thanks for the compliment!
    I believe u now know that my intention for upgrading my brakes, are not mainly for looks nor performance

*SAFETY!!*
    @ a cheaper price, but no major compromises to the existing knuckles set-up!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by golfphunk
    must we get it engineered?
    i assume we have to right?
    As in.. ??
    As far as I understand, mine was a complete bolt-on! No extra drilling nor shaving off any parts..

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Jazz VTi
    In australia we have to "engineer" many of our car mods. I guess the term is slang, it doesn't refer to the process of engineering, rather it means we need a certified mechanical engineer to certify that mods meet australian design rules and that it is safe for every day use.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamchen
    good choice i'd say... the whole up grade kit i think was a bit overkill considering the weight and other factors of your 1.3l JAZZ...
    having brakes too powerful can sometimes be bad things
    (THis, I strongly agree!).... :S:S i lived in Gold coast once and heard this accident from my mate where a Skyline braked in emergency but even thought he stopped in time and the driveer wasn't hurt at all... the rear passanger flew and hitted front wind screen and got thrown out of the car....(note he had 8-pot caliper brake upgrade) (For normal street driving, why would u need such powerful brakes.. ??)...
    Thats the reason why I decided to upgrade my brakes, the 'not so hardcore' way.

Still single pot set-up, but BIGGER brake pot size..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevti
    In australia we have to "engineer" many of our car mods. I guess the term is slang, it doesn't refer to the process of engineering, rather it means we need a certified mechanical engineer to certify that mods meet australian design rules and that it is safe for every day use.
    Oh, I see.. Hee.. okie! Parodn my ignorance!
    As far as I understand, my upgrade was a complete bolt-on. To some, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in terms of visual. Cos they're of almost the same size, unless u 1st notice the calipers!