Speaker Size For 2005 Jazz

Hey Guys,

Do you know what size is the speakers for front and rear doors of 2005 Jazz?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i'm not 100% sure but the factory ones seems to be around 5.25".

but the hole on the door can fit 6.5". i have 6" split on mine. more photos here:

http://ausfit.proboards37.com/index....ead=1122248761
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

philip: hey bro do you have to add a custom surround to put new speakers? so 6inch with custom surround?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    yes, u'll need custom surround. just get some 12mm or 16mm MDF and use the old speaker as a template.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    all u gotta do it by spacers from any audio shop. they're cost you about $30 for all 4.
    i've got 6" on my and its not a problem.. i think its possible to go 7" or 6x9

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzah
    all u gotta do it by spacers from any audio shop. they're cost you about $30 for all 4.
    You'd have to start cutting some serious metal to go bigger than 6.5".

Shallow 6"-6.5" are also preferable to standard depth. Remember that you still want to be able to open the windows and not catch any cables. If you build out the speakers too much then you have problems getting the door trim back on properly and have to start cutting or replacing that.

There is a lot of metal in the doors particularly around the speakers.

Have a look at the magnet size difference between any aftermarket speakers and the factory paper cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzah
    how thick does spacers have to be doode?

Quote Originally Posted by TGZ-Jay
    how thick does spacers have to be doode?
    Dependant on how deep the speaker is. Need to get it out far enough to clear (and so your window still goes down) but not too far so you can't put the door back together.

thanks guys!