Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

F1 Discussion Thread

Start off with "discussing" Honda buying BAR out.
    I wonder if Button knew anything about this? lol

been waiting for this announcement for a while lolz...
    good news.... n i bet Jenson knew about for some time... why else would he sign a 5 year contract with the team...
    oh well it can only mean good things... it means Hondas committed to f1..
    n they're even offering engines to a 'new' team that might join the f1 paddock...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Honda F1, sounds much better than Luckystrike BAR. lol
    This could only be good news, can't wait for next year.

you think it has to do with all the ciggy advertising bans across the F1 calander these days?
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    they should ban smoking advertising.
    nothing good comes out of those death sticks.

jense did the right thing, williams wont be able to match the performance of the honda team, well maybe in the first year, but with the immense resources of Honda, it will only go upwards from there.

Sato certainly means alot to Honda and definately to a proud nation. Honda wants to keep those loyal Jap fans behind them (especially with the bid from toyota, in fact midland toyota). So Honda supplies the new team with engines, probably at a discounted cost if they give one of the drives to Sato.

for Honda thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by strider
    they should ban smoking advertising.
    nothing good comes out of those death sticks.
    i think theres a full tobacco sponsorship ban from '07 onwards... (either that or '08 i think?)

Quote Originally Posted by ^^v
    i think theres a full tobacco sponsorship ban from '07 onwards... (either that or '08 i think?)
    never really bothered me too much, I always thought they'd simply pull out cause every second country banned it anyway.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Edit: Double Post
    Last edited by Petronas; 05-10-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Petronas
    News Coca-Cola interested in Formula One F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone 'confirmed' that Coca-Cola had shown some interest in the sport, the newspaper wrote. "F1 has become an exceptional shop window for everybody," the 74-year-old said.

The report doubted that Coca-Cola had yet held talks with any team, but an executive 'with links' to the company revealed: "The growing popularity of F1 in several key Asian markets is something that is of interest."

Probably at the front of the queue for Coca-Cola's business is Williams, the front line Grove based team that is determined to recover from the recent loss of works BMW power and title sponsor HP
    OMG CocaCola wants to sponsor a team (most likely Williams) no more beautiful Blue and White livery It might be omg... Red with CocaCola written all over it.... How ugly will that be, even Pepsi would of been more nice

I reckon they could pull together one kick ass design myself

Subaru y0!

[05/10/05 - 11:38]

Button happy with Honda purchase
    ‘It's the final piece of the jigsaw for me’

Zoom
    Button has a long-term future with Honda
    Undoubtedly it came as little surprise to Jenson Button, but following yesterday's announcement that Honda had in fact completed the purchase of the BAR Honda team, Button professed himself happy with the manufacturer take-over.

"It's the final piece of the jigsaw for me," the Mirror newspaper report Button as saying. "I really believe we're going to be a big force next season. It's fantastic news. I can't wait for next season."

With Honda completing the purchase of the Brackley-based team and following the announcements from BMW and Red Bull in the summer, WilliamsF1 are now the only real non-manufacturer / multinational-conglomerate team in Formula One.

Button will be aiming for his ninth straight points finish on Sunday at Suzuka.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International