Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

[Euro] Cusco type II lower arm brace

I had this fitted a few weeks ago but now it has to come off.

reason being, I drove over a mates driveway and a big chunk of metal (cemented into the ground) was sticking up (concealed by grass) and it partially ripped through and compeltely bent the bar beyond repair.

on monday im taking the car in for the chasis screws to be checked for damage and to have the bar removed. because the bar has been bent so much it also rattles/vibrates against the exhaust pipe at most rpm

I'm undecided as to whether i should get another one or just leave it be... installed it comprises ground clearences quite a bit - i've even bumped it a few times on fairly low speed bumps...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CRV, 04 GT, 91 Pulsar
    sorry to hear that.. ouch..

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    I had this fitted a few weeks ago but now it has to come off.

reason being, I drove over a mates driveway and a big chunk of metal (cemented into the ground) was sticking up (concealed by grass) and it partially ripped through and compeltely bent the bar beyond repair.

on monday im taking the car in for the chasis screws to be checked for damage and to have the bar removed. because the bar has been bent so much it also rattles/vibrates against the exhaust pipe at most rpm

I'm undecided as to whether i should get another one or just leave it be... installed it comprises ground clearences quite a bit - i've even bumped it a few times on fairly low speed bumps...
    I have just bought myself a set of coilovers to lower the car, and I am thinking of getting of buying the lower arm bar as well. Not sure if I want it now.
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

eurosp, how low are you going? the lower arm brace takes away about 2cm or so of ground clearence so you'll have to be careful if you end up getting it. I think it's a worthwile addition to the car though... just avoid driveways with huge metal rods sticking out of the ground! and take speedbumps on an angle and you should be ok.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    I will prob go ~2cm max. did not want to go too low, cos planing to add lip kit as well.

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Jesus Chris, no offence but you need to learn to drive!. My car's as low as yours and haven't damaged the bar from ground impact. Neither did baboo when he had it fitted. You also have the body kit like I, and the side sills are about as low the bar, so it's a bit of a puzzle how you could've scraped it on a speed bump!

Sad but not much can be done about it!

Oh and maybe a word of advice. Try not to drive on grass (you decide which type I'm referring too), all sorts of whacky things can happen if you're not careful!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Quote Originally Posted by eurosp
    I have just bought myself a set of coilovers to lower the car, and I am thinking of getting of buying the lower arm bar as well. Not sure if I want it now.
    I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matell
    Jesus Chris, no offence but you need to learn to drive!. My car's as low as yours and haven't damaged the bar from ground impact. Neither did baboo when he had it fitted. You also have the body kit like I, and the side sills are about as low the bar, so it's a bit of a puzzle how you could've scraped it on a speed bump!

Sad but not much can be done about it!

Oh and maybe a word of advice. Try not to drive on grass (you decide which type I'm referring too), all sorts of whacky things can happen if you're not careful!!! [img]images/smilies/icon_cheesygrin.gif[/img]
    my car is actually lower than yours now. i had it lowered another 13mm since the last time you've seen it. With the bar on i have 7cm ground clearence. It is also the lowest point of the car and it scrapped on speedbumps due to it's position underneath the car... it only happened once and after taking them very slowly and on a slgiht angle i stopped having a problem with that.

I don't think any amount of drug enduced "driving skills" like the ones you posess would have allowed me to avoid the large chunk of steel protruding from my mates driveway. Like i said it was concealed by grass and was very difficult to see - thanks for being so supportive ya prick!

just thought i'd let people know that you have to be careful with the bar fitted because it DOES compromise ground clearence by another couple of centremeters. I know from first hand experience and after destroying a 300 or so dollar bar i wouldn't be making shit up .

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    alrighty

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    Quote Originally Posted by Matell
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    thanks for the tip. Matell

Mods:

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    goddamn chris
    sorry to hear that mate....
    im gettin my lower arm bar v1 from leo soon.....shit...sorta scared now...... :S
    keep us posted as to how it goes down
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    same fate for my lower arm bar, but I damaged it on the track going over the ripple
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)