Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1235
    Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Gsi_Psi, on my previous post in this thread:

"wikipedia copy pasta, you should be shot"

Nice. This is just the typical sort of shit that shows up whenever enough time has passed to allow him to give me another neg.

You'll notice how a couple of other people are suddenly posting in the thread, making it pretty obvious who else is involved in the constant negging. I receive negs from both of them on a regular basis, and several others, always accompanied by their typically friendly messages.

Such a nice community. But I guess I've just offended them by being a 'gay abo phaggot'.
    I recall you being banned for doing the same very thing in the past

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I'm all for ditching the rep system altogether given that people are too immature to use it properly and would rather utilise it as a tool for cyber bullying/abuse.
    Just because there are one or two users chucking a tantrum because they're handle the shit they stir.

The rep system is a good indication of which users are giving more accurate information, as opposed to some which aren't.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    It is a not so good indicator. Alot of people have high reps but all they do is copy and paste essays or links and then there best mates give them max rep, then there is another thread with the same person asking "what fuel filter" or "will these wheels work" etc. True knowledge is not credited with the system
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Just because there are one or two users chucking a tantrum because they're handle the shit they stir.

The rep system is a good indication of which users are giving more accurate information, as opposed to some which aren't.

I think it's a poor indication more often than not. People are rep'd by their friends for no good reason and by people who don't like them unfairly.

I think a 'like' system similar to Facebook would be more ideal. Gives people an opportunity to support a good/accurate post as opposed to a good member/friend/person they don't like.

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    It is a not so good indicator. Alot of people have high reps but all they do is copy and paste essays or links and then there best mates give them max rep, then there is another thread with the same person asking "what fuel filter" or "will these wheels work" etc. True knowledge is not credited with the system
    Sorry mate, but sometimes said essays or links are on topic and relate to the original question. Sometimes it's better to quote a chunk of information or 'essay' rather than interpret and summarise it yourself to give to the OP, which could potentially mislead or be interpreted incorrectly. So it'd be safer to either link or quote the source directly.

I get rep sometimes for asking genuine questions that others would also like to know the answer to. I may not have answers but if you have the right questions a lot of useful info can follow suit.

Keep the rep/PQ system. It's only an indicator, not a 100% clear-cut way of determining if someone's posts are reliable and should be relied upon or not. It's just there as a tool to help people decide whether information is reliable or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post

Hahahaha yeah it's a great indication of people giving good information

You've got all those rep points giving valuable information and you've been a member since April

Can your reps be validated by your posts?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Nothing... Yet!!!11!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I think it's a poor indication more often than not. People are rep'd by their friends for no good reason and by people who don't like them unfairly.

I think a 'like' system similar to Facebook would be more ideal. Gives people an opportunity to support a good/accurate post as opposed to a good member/friend/person they don't like.
    no that would stupid...

look at your green blocks.. you have provided excellent info... when you post on a thread about a situtation people will tend to look at your post then others as they see you know what your talking about then others... i believe let it stay

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r_fAn View Post
    no that would stupid...

look at your green blocks.. you have provided excellent info... when you post on a thread about a situtation people will tend to look at your post then others as they see you know what your talking about then others... i believe let it stay
    Just an idea to float, thanks for your feedback.

I have provided the best info I can in the most polite manner for as long as I remember. Probably a reason why I was asked to be a moderator.

However I realised there were people probably making an effort to give me positive rep for my good posts. It's not against the rules as the rep was always given for the right reasons but I noticed people trying to keep giving me rep as often as they could.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Say what u will about the rep point system, but the trade rating system we have is awesome. Ive been burned on other forums, but the OH ebay style trade rating system helps weed out the dodgy kents.

IMO the rep point system has some benefits. Ive seen some shocking advice from idiots recommending people to heat up their rear trailing arms with a heat gun in order to remove bushes, or compressing springs with a trolley jack. Now that type of crap should be negged.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Wow.

No system is perfect. There will always be people that abuse the system. It's generally a good indicator of who knows their stuff.

The system does more good than harm.

People need a bit of cement and to just move on.

People who are continually being harassed and abused should bring it to the attention of a moderator.

But wouldn't it be a nice world if people could get a long and sort out their own differences?

Try and make peace.
    Last edited by newpaddy3; 21-12-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    We're doing it for the children.

Moderator - here to help Array
    i was just having a read about the PQ system on the first page and it looks like wyn will need to update his post as it is outdated.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Guise stalp

I always see valid information from all people who have full rep points, they do troll and muck around, but in the same threads they all have given proper information in their first posts.

It's funny how people who are complaining are all buttering themselves and telling each other it's okay lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut