Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmlvn
    ohh this is like clubrsx forums. they have the same system. cools. do u all start off with grey bars?
    Yup you start off with a grey dot

Difference is that you have to EARN the write to hand out rep points to others (unlike a lot of other forums).
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

this idea really good i like it lots

Member Array
    hey win

just curious... what if someone has >50 pts.. are they able to give themselves rep pts?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Nahh they can only give others rep points

Im lookin forward ot making the most of this system
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    mm nice.. similar to CRSX in some ways.. i have a question though Wyn..

in CRSX theres "NEG rep Whores" excuse my language =P..

is there going to be a "punnishmen", "disadvantage" for been a neg rep person other than people will frown down at you?

i know its small to start of with and right now only Mods can give out rep points. but sooner or later there will be heaps of people with reppoints and heaps of people givving it out.. and posibly alot of people starting to find ways around it..

regardless (no offence) but it will sooner or later happen (unless u uber strict about giving out point to start of with) its just slowing it down..

not a flame in anyway... but u cant be everywhere at once.. and some mods do "miss" some things.. everyone makes mistakes were human ..

are you going to out in something as a disadvantage for having to many rep points ?

but for now its fine =P..

++ reppoints for having getting it done!!!

DOH cant rep you ^_-....

edit: might be nice to have an advantage for having alot of positive reps too.. maybee faster post times =P.. every 50 points -0.1 seconds of post time =P...
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

the stupid thing about rep points is that you can give em away for anything and everything... which kind of defeats what i believe to be the original purpose of remvoing post counts etc etc. Just because you have to EARN them doesn't mean thet won't be abused once earned and members won't hand em out like water for stupid things like a naked chick post etc... i mean I WOULD!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    people could scam... u give me some rep points and ill give you some. haha

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    People can ALWAYS abuse almost any system. Ie user A gets a neg rep from user B........so he/she retaliates and does the same thing back to user B

However the idea is that only people who earn good PQ points (ie 50 or more) can hand out PQ points to others.

It's not fullproof.........but the idea is to take the focus away from post quantity to post quality

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    mm i was going to say would it be me stepping out of line if i was to suggest maybee.. that if anyone is given a rep point that everyone can view why the rep point was given out ? and have like a "report bad post" thing so that u can leave it up to the public to see if "BS" rep points are given out..

i dont know if its really my place to even suggest an idea like this..

either way we can view the reason for reppoint given out.. we can judge or report the points but cannot alter it?

i know it just meens the mods will have more spam to deal with as they will prolly recieve a Pm saying "soso" has reported latida to be a bs point..

just an idea..

i like to think of it like contructive reply .. well atleast i thought it was constructive =P...
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

you are a member of the community wayne so why would it be out of place for you to suggest this?

how about for every spam post (deemed to be spam by a spam committee of elders) you get penalised with one negative rep point hehehe...

the spam committee of elders could also convene to discuss how to eradicate spam and better ways of weeding out trolls LOL.

What does it mean if I've got a grey box next to one of the rep points given for a post i made in my UserCP? I thought grey box was only in with your name, car specs etc. when you have no points at all. Does that mean I've got a rep point from someone with less than 50 points themself?

I there any way of seeing how many points someone else has?
    Last edited by Captiva_Blue; 21-11-2005 at 09:45 PM.
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery